Chapter Eight: Night School

Start from the beginning

"We get to my Jeep or Devin's truck. We get out of here. And you two seriously think about quitting your jobs. Good?" Stiles said.

Scott nods. They turn to the windows to view the parking lot. Quietly stepping to the furthest window, they spot Stiles's Jeep and Devin's Truck sitting in the lot about twenty yards away. Scott puts his hands on the window sill.

"No, they don't open. The school's climate controlled." Devin said.

"Then we break it." Scott said.

"Which will make a lot of noise." Terrance said.

"Then, uh... then we run really fast." Scott said.

They glance back to the Jeep. Now seeming much further away.

"Devin and Terrance are both faster than us, plus Terrance is on track." Stiles said.

"Really fast then." Scott said.

While Stiles and Terrance start looking for something to break one of the windows, Scott and Devin come closer to the glass.

"....Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your Jeep?" Devin asked.

"What do you mean? Nothings wrong..." Stiles said.

"It's bent." Scott said.

"You mean dented?" Stiles asked.

"No, I mean bent." Devin said.

Stiles and Terrance move over to the windows. Stiles cups his eyes to the window. Oddly, the Jeep's hood twists up towards the windshield like the top of a tin can.

"What the hell happened to my--" Stiles said with a gasp, as he was cut off.

An explosion of glass by their heads sends them screaming to the floor. Ducked under the window, they look past raised arms to see-- something skidding across the tile and slamming to a stop on the opposite side of the room amid a shower of broken glass. It's the Jeep's battery, wires hanging off it. Scott, Devin, Terrance and Stiles sit frozen underneath the classroom window, staring at the Jeep's battery in front of them.

"That's my battery." Stiles said.

Scott nods. The four of them gazed at it, stunned. Stiles starts to get up but Devin grabs him.

"Don't." Devin said, whispering.

"We have to move." Stiles said.

"He could be right outside." Terrance said.

"He is right outside." Stiles said.

Devin keeps him down, hand gripping her cousin's shoulder.

"Just let me take a look." Devin said.

Craning her neck to see out the window, Devin glances around the empty and dark school lot.

"Anything?" Terrance asked.

Devin shakes her head no.

"Move now?" Stiles asked.

"Move now." Scott said.

They get up, scrambling across the tile floor. The classroom door cracks open. Scott, Devin, Terrance and Stiles slip into the hall. They glance down the opposite ends of the corridor, nervously drifting forward.

"This way..." Scott said.

"No, no, no no.." Devin said.

"What?" Scott asked.

"Somewhere without windows." Terrance said.

"Every single room in this building has windows." Scott said.