When I finished, I grabbed the phone and brought it to my room, and called Claire and the others, I lied to them that I left my mobile phone in the office and didn't have the time to get it back.

I curled the half bottom of my hair and let it loose. I applied light makeup and picked a mustard-yellow backless plunge neck dress that reaches before my knee and wore it with a black suede sandal. I chose my black sling bag that only a card wallet and phone will fit. Anyways, I'm not bringing my mobile phone so it was perfect.

I took a final glance at the mirror before throwing a coat over me.

Claire insisted on picking me up since my apartment is on her way which I was glad of, I am lazy to drive in the evening.

I went down and waited for Claire to arrive, the party started at 7 in the evening but we decided to come late.

It is now 07:30, I saw Claire's car pulling over in front of me. I opened the passenger seat and climbed into her car.

"Wow! How are you looking so gorgeous without even trying? So unfair." Claire flinched before driving off.

I let out a soft laugh. I know her too well not to take it seriously.

"Hello to you too." I greeted her back.

"So... It's been weeks since we talked." Claire said without even looking at my side.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"So how are you and Brian?" She threw me a quick glance this time.

"Well, nothing to tell, really. We work together and technically my Boss now, though I don't work with him directly, we share a floor."

Claire fell silent. It was like she was thinking before speaking up which is weird because if I know her, she would be blurting out things without thinking.

"Something wrong, Claire?" I asked her.

She still didn't say a word.

"Oh come on!" I told her impatiently.

"Well, you didn't talk to me for weeks, Cara..." She's pouting.

"I should be hearing from you rather than from Brian." 

"Brian is texting you?"

"That's not the point."

I sighed.

"Ok, you're right. I'm sorry. I guess, I was just busy. I'm an intern, I don't have a specific workflow so every day, it was different work."

She looked at my side for a couple of seconds before directing her eyes to the road.

"So, still feeling nothing about Brian?" 

It was my time to look at her side, her eyes were still on the road.

"No." I took my gaze back and refocus on the road as well. Claire nodded at what I said.

"How about Alexandra Williams?" 

Dumbfounded at what I heard, Immediately my head turned to her again. It was so fast that I think I felt dizzy for a second.

"Wh-What?" I saw Claire's corner lips twitch a little but still not glancing at my side.

I felt the car suddenly stop. I look at our surroundings and saw that we were already parked on the side of the road. I didn't even notice that we were here already even though the area was booming with music. It was indeed a party.

Claire was about to climb down the car, I grabbed her arm and pull her inside which earned a surprised look from her.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Cara, it's okay if you want to be a lesbian, I still accept you." She smilingly joked before trying to let herself free from my grip.

"What did Brian tell you?" Claire saw my serious expression and it made her stop and looked straight into my eyes.

"He didn't say anything..."

"If he didn't say anything, how did you know about Alex?" I cut her off. My irritation grew knowing Brian was telling things to Claire about me and Alex. But what did he know exactly?

"Will you let me finish, woman?" I nodded at her and removed my hand from her arm.

"He didn't say anything about you and Alex, he just mentioned that he noticed you were spending time with her, and apparently becoming close." She stopped for a couple of seconds before continuing.

"I know you, you don't let new people be close to you. You are very focused. At first, I was like, okay, you were making friends and that friend was your Boss, which is fine, but then, when I mentioned her name to you, you become aggressive and your eyes honey, are so defensive even if I didn't say anything yet." 

I was taking it all in when she spoke again.

"Look, I had my suspicions, like I said, I know you. When Brian mentioned her name a couple of times I knew something was up and you just confirmed it. You don't have to tell me anything if you are not ready yet, but I want you to know that I'm here, and it's okay."

I almost teared up hearing what Claire said. But she's right, I'm not ready yet.

I nodded at her and we both got out of the car.