("Want to tell me something about yourself?")

"Nhi." The same answer came again.

("No")

Abhay wanted to talk and listen to her but her one word answers were making him sad not angry. Yes sad because Abhay Singh never gets angry. No one has ever seen him in anger or being disrespectful to anyone. But what could he do. She was not ready to talk to him.

So he thought he would talk about himself only.

"I had been living with my Nanu-Nani since the time I was 5. They passed away when I was eighteen. Since that time I was living alone in their house as they transferred that house to my name. I didn't want that but what could I say I loved them a lot and it was their only thing which I had, so I kept it with me. Right now I'm working in an architectural company. Two years ago I thought about doing a startup but first finance was a problem then even after so much effort no investor got ready to invest in my firm. You know a new company that is too under a young man. Actually people in the business world don't believe in the younger generation. They always want someone experienced. They think young people can't handle the business. However, right now I'm concentrating on my job only. But on the other hand, I'm still finding a good investment for my startup."

He said whatever came into his mind. Because it was difficult for him too as he was also an introvert and this was the most talking he had done with anyone in just the first meeting. And he was trying but looking at her lack of effort he took it as her disinterest in him.

Whereas Simran also wanted to talk to him and know him before the marriage. She wanted to tell him that she wanted to continue her job after the marriage and she expects at least respect from her husband because she thinks a woman can spend her life without a man who doesn't love her, but cannot with the one who don't respect her. However, if she can spend twenty two years of her life without parents' love then she can spend the rest of her life without her husband's love too.

But she was scared. Scared of his reaction what if won't agree with her opinion. What if he gets angry like her father when she talks much. What if he just wants a housewife cum free servant. And her father must have talked about everything already and she can't do anything against him or his wishes. Strange. But she is exceedingly obedient which she also doesn't like about herself. So instead of hurting someone, she decided that it's better to be quiet.

After the pregnant silence, Abhay was about to speak something when Gargi came on the terrace and asked them to come downstairs.

Both of them looked at each other for a few seconds then stood up and walked towards the living area downstairs. As a gentleman, Abhay followed her behind when she walked in front.

As they reached the living room, everyone looked at them keenly as if waiting for them to say something but they didn't understand. So Abhay asked directly, "Why are you all looking at us this way?"

Ekansh replied, "Guys tell your opinion about this relationship. Yes or No."

Both looked at each other. Abhay liked her the very first moment. But he was sure that she didn't like him at all. That's why she didn't even talk to him.

Looking at both of them, Ahana said, "I think we should give them some time to think. We will tell our answer after some time by a call."

"Yes, that will be right. We will also tell our answer on the call. Right beta." Rajiv said to Ahana and at last looked at Simran who agreed nodding.

Just then Ekansh Ekansh asked, "Abhay why are you standing behind her. Come stand beside your future wife I'll take a picture of both of you."

Abhay was about to say no as it would be of no use when she'll reject him but still at least he can have a picture with her. So he stepped forward and stood beside her close for the picture. Ekansh clicked it and showed everyone then looked at himself and said, "You guys make a good couple but if the height difference would have been less...." He left the sentence incomplete thinking Simran might not like how he indirectly called her short.

That's when she actually noticed Abhay was 5'10 or '11 whereas she was just 5'2" which was making their height difference may be 8 or 9 inches. At the same moment she remembered how her mother always taunts her about short height as no one in their family has short height except her dadi/grandmother. She looked at her parents who were looking at her only with the expressions she hates that is with disappointment.

Noticing the silence Ekansh said, "Still you guys look cute with this height difference."

Soon they left saying that they would tell about their answer on the call. After the greetings and byes, it was time for Simran to listen to what she did wrong and how disappointed they are on her but much to her relief nothing happened that way. Just she was not called for dinner which means that it was her punishment for the day. It was not the first time so she didn't feel bad. As she was taught to look at those who are below her. And she still feels herself as lucky because she has a roof over her head and two meals a day which sometimes cut to one time.

On the other hand, Abhay's family was happy for him as the first time he liked someone which was proving the everlasting smile on his lips. His favourite person, his Bhabhi had made all his favourite dishes and they all ate together laughing and teasing him.

Hello my dear readers 👋

That's it for now!!!

Tell me how it was!!!

And no questions from now onwards as you guys don't answer 🥲

Please read, vote and comment if you want!!!

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Toodles!!!