Mountains, Tremble From Thunder

Start from the beginning

(I'm just giving Ritsa so much hate lmao...)

"Do not mind Tsaritsa's provocations, she is just envy that you had found happiness, while she had none."

Ei clicked her tongue out of disdain, the Cryo Archon had never been her favorite, comparing to how she treated everyone around her with a cold shoulder. Sometimes, too cold for anyone's liking. She may be seen as some baby crying over spilled milk sometimes, according to her own sister's words, but at least she treated Makoto's equals with respect and kindness, as she is supposed to.

"Though, if I may ask... what is that cube hovering on your left hand?"

Morax's gaze shifted alongside Ei's, directed towards the small, cubicle shaped dumbbell which floats atop his palm. He lets out a small sigh, before raising it slightly higher so that Ei would not have to bend her entire top section down.

"This... is my challenge. My pledge."

Ei tilted her head in confusion. 'What does he specifically mean, saying it was his challenge? Did he make a promise with somebody?' Those questions kept roaming the Kagemusha's mind, as she observes the dumbbell, its golden aura revealing constant shifting, almost to the point of no end within the unknown catalyst's core.

"Within it, contains the wisdom and knowledge of Guizhong... should I finally solve it one day... I would finally get to know the answer she hid from me for so long."

In a way, it was his last living memory of her. Her last challenge for him. To test his wisdom, see if he will be successful in inheriting her long-lasting work. He did not know it at the time, but two thousand and five hundred years flying by would get him to the realization that... it was futile.

"I... see. In another sense, it was your lover's last gift... am I right?"

Oh, she could have never been more accurate. But perhaps, the same accuracy made Morax bow his head just a little bit deeper down, before looking back at the ever-rotating dumbbell with a solemn smile, still festering a hope to uncover its content one day in the distant future. To fulfill their "Lovers' Oath."

"Indeed... it was... a mere Memory of Dust..."

As the Archaic Lord felt a fresh wave of tears began to flow from his eyes, he was suddenly enveloped in a hug. The figure was soft and warm, but what was distinctive is her long, braided purple hair and the small fan-shaped hair pin laying neatly atop her head.

Yes, it was Ei... who had now enrolled him in an embrace. She wishes not to see any more grieving from him for one day, as it would be insufferable to anyone that cares deeply for the man. She just happens to be one of the few.

"I believe... that you will solve it one day, Morax... and I wish to be there to witness such marvels. But for now... please... do not cry. She would prefer you to smile..."

Morax never knew since when did his arms began to wrap around Ei's slim waist, while burying his drenched face in her shoulders. He had no idea what his body was executing, but he couldn't give a damn about it. His senses were overwhelmed about just how soft her body was, how her hair smells like fresh flowers. Morax allowed those addictive factors to smother him, to make him feel reassured.