III. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL

Sebastian was slouching in the uncomfortable airport chair with his arms crossed and eyes closed, he was sitting in between will and jane

Sebastian was slouching in the uncomfortable airport chair with his arms crossed and eyes closed, he was sitting in between will and jane. Will had woken him up earlier than they had previously discussed.

but it wasn't Will's fault he was just really excited to see mike and he had to tell someone about it. Will was also excited to show Mike the painting he made, Sebastian would be lying if he said he wasn't a little jealous that Mike was going to get to see it first.

the person over the intercom said that the plane mike was on had just landed. Sebastian could feel will and Jane getting more jittery after it was said but he didn't open his eyes.

"mike" jane called out as she stood up from her seat which also woke up Sebastian.

"Come on" will pulls Sebastian's wrist making him get up while Jane runs to greet mike. Argyle and Johnathan join them in gathering around mike. When they get close enough, Will goes in for a hug, Sebastian wishes he could unsee what happens next.

"hey. How are you doing? "Mike says as he hugs will. but it wasn't really what you'd expect, Will went in for a hug and Mike went in for more of a pat on the shoulder. Needless to say, it was super awkward.

Sebastian felt so bad for Will. He honestly wanted to die of secondhand embarrassment right there.

"hey, mike" Jonathan interrupts to try and fix the awkward silence that followed after their greeting.

"hey. How are you doing? "Mike says to Johnathan.

"Yeah, good, man," Jonathan replies.

"great" mike then turns his attention to will or more importantly what will is holding. "what's that?"

"um, it's nothing. just this painting I've been working on '' will dismissed. which earned him a strange look from Sebastian because he knew that this painting wasn't just "nothing" he watched will work for months on it.

"That's a rad shirt, man. ocean pacific?" argyle blurts out.

"oh, hey, mike. this is, uh, my friend argyle" Johnathan introduces and then nudges will and looks to Sebastian.

will instantly knew what Johnathan was trying to tell him. "and this is our friend, bash, '' Sebastian gives him a nod and a suppressed smile.

Argyle goes in for a hug instead, well, at least they thought it was a hug but in reality, he was just checking the tag on the shirt. "oh no, no, no. no, it's a shitty knocoff. yeah. but don't sweat it. I'll get you the good threads out here. I heard a lot about your sister"

Sebastian had to hold back a laugh as Johnathan tried to move on from what Argyle said. "Okay, should we go?"

"yeah, this is kinda awkward, man," argyle said and Sebastian couldn't agree more.

Mike nodded as he grabbed his luggage. "yeah, so awkward"

"man, I really thought it was ocean pacific" Sebastian patted his shoulder sympathetically before going to catch up to will.