𝟬𝟭𝟴, 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀.

"wait so where are you taking her?" mac asks his best friend

carlota had gone out of town on a road trip with her mom for a week, and madi was getting to boston the week after carlota got back, so she had to depend on mac to keep her company.

"mac i swear on carlotas life i will grab this hanger and shove your eyeball out of your eye socket if you ask me that one more fucking time" juliet takes a deep breath, trying to be patient "but im taking her to this club i found"

"and it allows people who are eighteen?" mac raises his eyebrows

"do you want to fucking look it up?" juliet asks, pulling her phone out and shoving it in macs face "there!"

"oh okay" mac puts the phone down "you look, nice i guess"

"thank you" juliet smiles softly, heading towards her vanity

"but i still dont understand what the big deal is with you and this stacie girl. you and matt had more chemistry" mac sighs, turning towards the girl

"matt is a bitch whose been ghosting me to hang out with his other friends" juliet looks down, growing frustrated by the thought of matt

"sorry" mac mumbles

"no it's fine" juliet shrugs, checking the time "i should get going. are you sure you're gonna be able to take care of linny?"

"yes" mac nods "im sure"

"you wont kill her?" juliet stands up "because she's my child and if im just setting her up to die i'll feel li-"

"don't you have a date to get to?" mac tilts his head

"bye" juliet rolls her eyes, leaving the house

she gets in her car and drives in the directions the google maps was giving her to stacies house. was she nervous? yes, because the only person she had dated was matt and another guy, the others were all relationships, so dating wasn't really her strong suit, but she was gonna try her best. she didn't feel any direct feelings for stacie, she found her nice and pretty, but the liking her part wasn't really there. like it was there, but not like a really strong connection and if that makes any sense. she couldn't help it, her heart was still waiting for matt, meanwhile her brain told her to 'dump him and go find someone else'. but who the fuck could replace matt sturniolo?, the kindest soul to step foot on earth?

juliet pulled up in front of the house, honking two times before the door opened. stacie ran out, a smile on her face as she got in the car.

"hi!" stacie looks at juliet "sorry, did i take too long?"

"no youre fine" juliet smiles "so, are you still up for what i planned or do you wanna go somewhere else?"

"let's go with your plan," stacie nods slightly, juliet driving away "there's like a bowling range there, right?"

"yeah" juliet answers "but i'm horrible at bowling"

"we're bowling and i'm going to kick your ass" stacie laughs, making juliet laugh too "tell me about yourself, like we've talked but very little times"

"well, i'm bisexual, i have five best friends who mean the world to me, i have a cat, i live alone, i don't have siblings, and yeah" juliet shrugs "im very boring. i'm an introvert so i mostly keep to myself. what about you?"

"well, im lesbian, i have three best friends, i don't have any pets, i have a little brother, and i still live with my parents" stacie sighs

"how old's your brother?" juliet asks

"he is six years old" stacie answers

"aw, that's so cute"

"no, he's actually a brat"

"i contradict my last statement" juliet chuckles, parking "let's go"

they both get out of the car and enter the club, showing both their id's at the entrance. stacie pulls juliet away to the bowling range, juliet dreading every second of it.

"okay im so bad at this stacie!" juliet laughs dryly

"just, okay so you grab the ball and just throw it! it's fine if you don't do it correctly, no one is gonna judge you" stacie smiles, "do it"

"fine" juliet sighs, the ball traveling on the railway and surprisingly, making all the pins tumble down "HOLY SHIT!" she jumps around

"YOU DID IT!" stacie exclaims, putting her hands on the girls shoulder "you did so good!"

"thank you!" juliet smiles, dancing queen playing in the background

"hey, come on" stacie grabs her hand

"what about the game?" juliet asks

"it can wait till after we dance like crazy nine year olds" stacie chuckles, pulling the girl to the main club on the dance floor

juliet pulls up to stacie's house again, it was now twelve am, it had been three full hours of dancing, bowling, even singing. and as much fun as juliet had, she still didn't feel anything.

"hey, listen" stacie starts, juliet giving her full attention "i had fun, and you're a really nice girl. but i feel like, we're better off as friends. and i'm sorry if i got your hopes up"

"oh my god, no you're totally fine. i feel the same way" juliet sighs relievedly "don't worry about it"

"okay," stacie smiles "so i'll see you at ulta?"

"yep, or singing harry styles while everyone boos at me" juliet chuckles, "bye"

"bye" stacie gets out of the car, closing the door behind her

just as juliet is driving home, she gets a call from mac.

"i can't find linny!"

"mac i swear to fuck i'm going to kill you!"