Unexpected Meeting

Every Moment Counts
By:Halle Scalf

An Unlikely Meeting
(1)
{Maya's POV}
It was the first day back at Degrassi from summer break Katie and me were just walking in when we happened to see the Toronto, Ice Hounds and their newest hotshot player Campbell Saunders. I walk to my locker and put in the combination, I threw a few papers and notebooks from my backpack into my locker, after a moment I looked around to see who my locker neighbors were lucky for me one of my locker neighbors was the one and only Campbell Saunders. My first class of the day was French 1, so I headed on my way there, when I got there I took a seat at the front of the class expecting Tori or Tristan to sit next to me but instead I was greeted by Campbell. He introduced himself and asked me to call him Cam for short. He said he was taking French 1 because he missed it last year do to hockey practice. The class worked on an assignment that Madame Dante assigned for us, me and Cam worked together. Later while me, Tristan and Tori were at Little Miss Steaks Cam came by and apologized for screaming at me earlier and bought me a cream soda, then asked me if I wanted to hang out with him tomorrow, I graciously accepted.

The Big Day (2)

"Tori!!" I screamed "I have nothing to wear on my date with Cam" "Calm down Maya you worry to much I'll let you borrow some of my clothes" Tori replied. "All I need to know is where you guys are going?" "We are going to hangout in the park" I said "So something short, sweet, and to the point, got it" after about 15 minutes of me trying on clothes and Tori throwing clothes out of her closet we finally picked me out a nice shirt and a pair of color full pants. "Maya, Cam's here!" Tori's mom yelled up the stairs. "Maya, you look amazing" Cam said speaking in a soft a gentle voice "thanx" I replied. It took about ten minutes for us to walk to the park and on the way there we talked about my family and Cam's family and his future in the NHL. When we got there we sat on a bench " So Maya how are you doing." Cam asked "Good" I replied and slightly giggled "I know this is straight forward by how many boyfriend have you had?" He asked feeling stupid he quickly said "You don't have to answer, I was just curious" "No, it's ok I have never had a boyfriend before" I stated "Neither have I" "But your Campbell Saunders future NHL all star how have you never dated anyone?" I question "I don't know? I guess I'm just not into girls who only like me because I will be a billionaire in the NHL in like 2 years" "Well don't worry I could careless about your hockey career, I'm mean of course it's important but I much rather know you Cam Saunders not NHL all star Campbell Saunders you know?" I said quickly to sound cool "Anyways, Maya how long have you known Tristan and Tori?" He asked "Ever since I started going to Degrassi so about 1/2 a years" I replied "You look beautiful tonight, not that you don't always look amazingly beautiful but you know..." He started "I get it and thanx you look really nice too" after a moment of silence and looking at each other he pulled my hair out of my face, put his hand on my cheek and kissed me, it felt like an eternity and I wish it was but then he quickly said he needed to head home so he walked me to Tori's house and we said our goodbyes.