I Can Run Faster Than Yukon

Start from the beginning

-------------

Standing at some sort of starting line, the cast shivered and shook. Chris stood before them in an expensive fur set including a coat, gloves, and snow boots. The cast meanwhile, had nothing but the clothes on their backs. For some, it was scraps compared to Chris.

With clattering teeth, Heather spoke up, "Um hello? Where are our jackets?!" She only wore her usual burgundy tank top with khaki shorts and wedges. Alejandro stood a foot away, only separated from her by Owen and Izyy. He could see the goosebumps on Heather's neck standing up. Something he was very taken with causing him to shiver with the rest of the group.

Chris once again assured them but it was once again a false promise. Their jackets wouldn't be here for weeks, if at all. They'd have to do this challenge quickly. From Chris' explanation and their own observations both teens knew instantly what to do. Another race mirroring the race through Egypt. This time each team got the same sled as long as they passed the frozen lake that had almost completely broken apart. It would involve a lot of physical skill.

The group huddled together for warmth while listening to Chris' usual spiel. Lindsay, Izzy, and Leshawna all latched onto Alejandro using his warm body temperature for their own benefit. He ignored them all in favor of an easier target. Izzy has Owen, Leshawna had Harold, and Lindsay has Tyler. Bridgette has no one. She is the next to go. She stood alone looking at Alejandro. Spotting this, he gave her a flirty wink. His plan was already in progress.

Chris ended his explanation with the rule that each member to finish first must lead the sled and carry the other team (along with crates of radiation) to the finish line. Heather and Alejandro both made mental notes to not finish first. Instead of talking to her team, Heather spoke up again, "What is the reward for this challenge? We've had three eliminations already. We're overdue!" The cast chatted in approval. Chris then snidely replied that any challenge could be eliminated. So it would be random.

Chef blew a horn mimicking a moose call. The game was on. Groaning, everyone rushed off, they started strong but navigating the treacherous ice was difficult. Many fell right in the water like Tyler. While others were knocked in by another like Sierra tipping a piece of ice sending Owen and Noah straight underwater. Still, Alejandro was steady.

He had landed on an ice block somewhere in the middle, after jumping slowly from block to block. He had kept a steady pace with Bridgette to keep her nearby. She landed beside him and started to slip off. A perfect chance! He grabbed her wrist and waist keeping her in place beside him. She blushed up at him as he let go.

"Thanks, You know we're on different teams right?" She smirked, trying to hint at his actions being uncalled for. Still he persisted, "My mother raised a gentleman. Teams are irrelevant." A blatant lie. If she had paid any attention to the previous race a few episodes ago, Bridegette would have known that the Izzy and Sierra switch caused a bout of fury so intense, he swore revenge on Heather for causing it. Bridgette didn't know a lot.

What she did know is Alejandro had jumped to the next piece of ice. He turned around and extended his arms to her. "You can do it.' That gentle reassurance calmed her worry and she leaped forward into his arms. He then intentionally fell backwards, holding her close and positioning her lips perfectly above his. In an instant, her lips fell onto his, causing a clumsy kiss. It was only a second but this next step of the plan worked perfectly. Bridgette pulled herself away stumbling out something about her boyfriend. Alejandro just needed to make it to the checkpoint, poles along the ice past the frozen lake, and finalize his devious plan.