007. you're a cameron

Start from the beginning

She walked into her bedroom, turning the shower on before ridding her clothes and jewellery, placing it all on the side and stepping into the shower. The blonde scrubbed her body, washing her hair as she hummed songs under her breath. When she was finished, she stepped out of the shower, wrapping her towel around her.

Athena made her way into her bedroom, opening her wardrobe. She put on a pair of blue shorts with a lace tank top with flowers on it. Athena then grabbed a piece of ribbon, pulling half of her hair back and tying it up with the ribbon in a bow. The girl then placed her jewellery back on, her various rings of JJ's and her pogue friendship bracelets.

Athena stood up, actually looking around her bedroom. She walked over to her picture wall, placing a hand over the photos of her and Rafe and her and Wheezie with a bittersweet smile. The girl stared at some of the other photos, some of her and Sage, a few of her and her dad, some of her and Dorota, her and Pope, her and Kie and especially her and Sarah.

"You're alive." A voice suddenly spoke up. Athena spun around quickly, her face dropping in shock before she let out a disbelieving laugh.

"Dorota. Oh my god." Athena walked across her room quickly, bringing her old friend in for a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw on the news about you going missing, and then two days ago I woke up with a feeling that I needed to come back." Dorota explained.

Athena hugged her again. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too Miss Athena." Dorota agreed.

"What's being going on with you, tell me everything—Come on, sit." Athena sat on her bed, gesturing for Dorota to join her.

"Well, I went travelling for a while around America and I met someone." Dorota stated.

"You met someone, spill." Athena felt a sense of normality as she gossiped with her old friend, like nothing had changed, and yet everything had changed.

"Actually, that's one of the reasons I'm here." Dorota began. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot." The woman handed Athena an envelope. Athena furrowed her eyebrows as she opened it up, reading the letter inside with her mouth agape. She turned to Dorota. "You're getting married? And you want me to maid of honour."

"Miss Athena, you are my best friend." Dorota told her. "I wouldn't want anyone else with me on my special day."

Athena let out a laugh as she teared up. She nodded, lunging forward to hug her again. "Of course I'll be your maid of honour. I'd want nothing more. You're getting married, dude!"

"I'm getting married." Dorota shrugged, a soft smile on her face as Athena laughed.

"Is he here? In Kildare?" Athena asked.

"No, he sent me here but if I stay any longer than a week he said he'll join me." Dorota explained.

"I can't wait to meet him." Athena smiled. "Wait, where are you staying?"

"I rented the little lodge at the edge of Figure Eight, I know the owners, feel free to come stay with me if you want." Dorota offered.

"I'd love to." Athena hugged her once more. "Speaking of staying places, I should go find JJ."

"How is he?"

"He's good, I think. I haven't spoken to him in a few days." Athena sighed. "I'll catch up with you, later."

Dorota nodded, "I'll pack you a bag and take it to mine if you want."

"Yes please." Athena nodded as she stood by the door. "I love you."