001. poguelandia

chapter one poguelandia

chapter one
poguelandia

chapter one poguelandia

One month. It had been one month since the pogues were stranded on the random island they had found. It had been one month since Sage Hartman, Athena's old kook friend had been found. And it had been one month since they had seen anyone that wasn't each other.

One month of killing fish, picking mangoes, playing random games and watching the sunset, sunrise and stars in the night sky. They all had their jobs on poguelandia – JJ's name, much to Sarah's annoyance, had stuck – each of them had their respective responsibilities. JJ had to get the fish, to which he enlisted help from Athena, Pope would make bandages out of fig leaves, Kie knew all about herbs and plants and leaves, Cleo would go into the jungle to find other food to eat, Sage had managed, in her time there, figure out a way to distil sea water so they could wash with her hand made products, Sarah and John B came up with the games and Athena was the one to keep people happy and make random things out of twigs they found.

The first thing they'd done the second day in was explore Sage's Cabin house. She stated that it was already there when she turned up hence why it had the surf boards in it that they used. It was a small wooden building, with white walls and green decorating. It had a small coffee table in it made out of wood from on the many trees in the main living area and then it had a bedroom, containing clothes and pictures that Sage had taken from her house the night she ran away, a small bed – also made from wood – with a mattress on it – that Sage had also claimed was already there – and a comforter that Sage had also stolen from her house.

Next to the bedroom was also a shower that Sage had built. It was a jug that filtered, distilled and poured water over your head. The eight of them took turns over the month to share the bed, the other sleeping out on the sand on the shore. It was mainly the girls that used the bed, and most of the time they shared it, the bed being big enough for two to sleep on it comfortably.

Last night it was Athena's turn to sleep on the bed and she graciously told JJ he could join her, which he did happily – and before you ask no they did not do anything. Which brings them to now, the two of them laying contently on Sage's bed, Athena's head on JJ's chest as he gently ran his hands through her hair.