Hana felt a lump in her throat as Arisu explained his feelings. 

The one boy in the world who always helped her through her problems, but deep down inside he was suffering. She knew that she had to help him.

Hana opened the door, it creaked a bit as she walked inside. "Arisu, I'm still here with you."

"You wait outside." Mira told her. "I haven't called you in yet."

"Arisu, please!" Hana placed her hands on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes, but he didn't make eye contact back.

"Please stop, Hana. He's trying to remember everything now." Mira said.

"Arisu. Please, wake up! Please!" Hana cried.

"Stop it!" Mira raised her voice, "Arisu is trying to remember his past and recover, but you're preventing that."

"You're wrong!" Hana looked over at Mira.

"Get out." Mira told her, "Now then. Arisu. Let's bring this to an end. If I can confirm your desire to quit, the game will end."

And the realization hit Hana.

It would end.

"The game will end?" Hana repeated. "I knew it. That wasn't an illusion."

Hana looked up and over at the grey and white painting that was hung on the wall. "I was participating in the game too."

The sudden pain in Hana's stomach caused her to look down. There was blood dripping down from her shirt, staining it in the process before Hana fell down and groaned in pain.

"Okay, now. Arisu. Let me confirm it with you. You will quit the game, right?" Mira asked, an evil smile remaining on her face.

Arisu didn't answer which made the smile on Mira's face disappear for a moment as she pushed the glass of water and pill over. "You'll feel better if you take this medicine. Take it."

Hana tried to speak or even gesture to Arisu, but it felt like her voice was gone and as if she were in a dream. 

"Then.. give me your answer." Mira continued.

Hana looked as Arisu slowly reached for the glass of water and pills, then bringing them near this mouth.

The anger and adrenaline inside of Hana suddenly rushed through her and she pushed the pain down to gain her voice back. "Arisu... don't!"

He acted as if he couldn't hear her - too drowned out by his quiet sobs and thoughts, but Hana couldn't let him do this, not at the last game. "Arisu! Don't!"

Hana pushed the pain in her stomach away and got up, throwing herself on to Arisu, causing them both to fall and for the glass of water to shatter on the floor.

Mira, who remained quiet for a moment, walked over to Arisu and Hana, but Hana decided to grab the largest shard of glass and hold it up to Mira.

"Put that down." Mira demanded.

Hana squeezed the piece of glass which eventually caused her hands to bleed, but she didn't care, not in this moment. "Arisu. Remember what you said. You said you'd risk your life to save me. No matter what Mira says, I am most definitely here with you! I am alive!"