She picked up on the second ring. "If it isn't the big man, Mr. Ashman."

"The real big baller is you Mrs. Eubanks."

"I haven't heard from you in a while." I hadn't been in need of acquiring any property in the last couple of months so I hadn't really been keeping in touch.

"I know you've seen the news."

"That was some shit bro."

"Yeah, how's the recovery coming along?"

"Not fucking fast enough."

"Patience my friend." I sighed and took a deep breath. "So to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"My lady wants to buy a house but her mind is preoccupied at the moment so I wanted to pass her number on to you and you could just give her a call to get the ball rolling."

"Do you know what she's looking for so I could put a small list together to give her a feel of things?" We hadn't really discussed anything other than the size so I wasn't sure in which direction she wanted to go.

"I know she doesn't want anything too over the top in terms of size but other than that I'm clueless."

"That's something to work with so just send her info across and I'll reach out."

"Okay."

"Thanks for always putting me on bro, I appreciate it."

"That's what friends do Kimberly." I met her at a business conference a few years back and our friendship has been mutually beneficial.

There wasn't a property that I wanted in the last five years and didn't get it because she did whatever it took, legally of course.

On the other hand, I got her into rooms with people she would only ever see on TV and in doing so after seeing her dedication to her work, they would introduce her to other people so she was top of the class in the real estate business right now.

"But still thank you."

"It's all good Kimmy and will you let me know when she does find something that she likes?"

"Okay, I'll keep you updated."

"Thanks, take care."

"You too, bye." I ended the call and put my phone down.

The right thing to do was to let her do this on her own but the man that I was believed that if I could do it then she didn't need to and I hoped that she would understand that.
°°°°°°°°°°°

We were on our little stakeout type mission with Tierra and oceans 11 was the most convenient place so we got a table a little ways from the rest of the people in the restaurant

"Suppose dis man is a big dutty tough man?" Angel asked and I gave her a look. "But mi nuh wrong girl." Of course she wasn't but now wasn't the time to say that.