Chapter 162 - With You (1)

En başından başla

Mahira got out her phone and was about to take a photo of Sidharth and Shehnaaz when a man came over and said sternly, “You can’t take photos here. Please delete the photos you’ve taken.”

Mahira was taken aback. When the man had left, she looked again and saw that Shehnaaz and her companions had already disappeared into the elevator.

“Let’s go.” Parth took one last look at the elevator before pulling Mahira away.

Shehnaaz followed Sidharth and Vidyut to the ninth floor of Scion Square. They soon arrived at the entrance to a classic, antique-style hall.

Hanging over the entrance was a traditional door plaque. The gold characters on it said, in an elegant calligraphic flourish against the black background,
“The View From The 9th Floor.”

So this is actually the name of the place, Shehnaaz realized.

Shehnaaz glanced at the name curiously, before following
Sidharth inside.

Vidyut walked before them, leading the way.

He owned the place, and it showed: as soon as he walked in, his employees scrambled to accommodate him. In a few moments, he had led Shehnaaz and Sidharth to the most luxurious private room in the place.

A massive glass window took up an entire wall; it overlooked the bustling streets below.

The private room was tastefully furnished: there was a wooden Arhat bed, a traditional Chinese square table for a party of eight, a round red sandalwood table inlaid with mother-of-pearl, and high-back mahogany dining chairs upholstered in red velvet. There was also a small karaoke
corner, separated from the rest of the room by a folding screen.

“Take a seat. I’ll get the waiters to bring over a few starters.” Vidyut hurried about as he personally saw to the menu and food preparations.

Sidharth pulled out one of the dining chairs for Shehnaaz.

He sat on the chair next to her, his legs crossed. He poured her a cup of tea, and leisurely rested an arm on the back of Shehnaaz’s chair.

Shehnaaz immediately sat up straight. She did not dare lean backward.

He was so close to her it almost felt as though she were sitting in his arms. She could practically feel his warm breath on her skin. His arm was right behind her, and she wanted desperately to lean into it.

Shehnaaz’s heart pounded in her chest; she shook nervously but didn’t dare lean back. If she really leaned then what would Sidharth think of her?

“Why aren’t you eating? You’re all red; do you have a fever?” Sidharth had noticed Shehnaaz’s face as he spoke to Vidyut—it was red as a tomato’s, so he
touched her forehead. She was indeed warm.

Sitting on the other side of Sidharth, Vidyut’s heart dropped. He hoped the young girl wouldn’t fall ill now, since it was so rare that he got hang out with Sidharth. There was no question that Sidharth would take her home if she wasn’t feeling well.

“Is the air conditioning not cold enough? I’ll have someone set it to a lower temperature!” Vidyut rose and asked Shehnaaz, “Do you want some warm milk?” Such a cute girl would be suited to drink milk, he thought.

Shehnaaz was embarrassed and moved her head to avoid Sidharth’s hand. She pressed her hand over her thundering heart and looked at Vidyut with wide eyes and said, “Brother Vidyut, I’m fine. But, I could go for some
warm milk.”

Vidyut sighed in relief and gave her a thumbs up. “I like this young sister! You can always look for me if you need help in the Imperial capital!”

“Why would she look for Vidyut the fool?To this day, there still
hasn’t been a girl who’s looked for you that hasn’t somehow
ended up in your bed!” The door to the private room opened with the sound of three men laughing, and three dignified and beautiful women followed them.