"Does this mean we can hang-out at school and after school without it being weird?" Robin asked.

"Providing you don't take 'hang-out' to mean literally, Robin." Thomas huffed.

Robin shrugged, "It's not my fault I like hanging from the lights."

"You're going to electrocute yourself one day." Thomas shook his head.

"Dinner's done!" Pat cut through their banter. "Can you pass me the plates please, Mary?"

"That I can, Pat!" she handed them over to Pat, who started dishing up their meals. A few moments later they were all happily tucking into their food.

Pat took a moment to look up at his campmates. It was weird to think they were actually building up a camaraderie with each other despite the fact they'd literally just been thrown together.

'So... does this mean... I actually have friends now?' he thought gleefully. 'This may possibly be the best day of my life!'

~~~~~

"Anyone know any dirty campfire songs?" Julian asked after the gang had washed up and put the plates away, causing everyone to groan. "What? If we're friends now we should at least tolerate one another's interests."

"Not if they're lewd." Fanny rolled her eyes, the others nodding in agreement.

"Can I do a poetry reading?" Thomas asked.

"No." Julian immediately shot him down.

"Why not?" Thomas whined. "You haven't let me do a reading since I joined this blasted club! I want to do one! Pat!"

Pat bit his tongue, noting the desperate looks the rest of his campmates were shooting him, hoping he'd decline. He sighed. He decided that he needed to make some time for Thomas. He was difficult, but he was one of them. "Okay Thomas. Providing it's a short one."

"YES, GET IN!" Thomas leapt to his feet with joy, clearing his throat. He stood next to the campfire and dramatically stared into the evening sky, a hand on his chest.

"Milking it, much?" Julian murmured.

"Quiet!" Thomas hissed, clearing his throat once more. "I'm going to read a poem by Keats. Make of it what you will, but I feel it is quite appropriate for this evening and the moments we've shared together."

"Rightio Thomas. You may begin when ready." Pat smiled in support.

Thomas held his right arm out. "As late I rambled in the happy fields, What time the sky-lark shakes the tremulous dew," he theatrically pointed towards the sky, causing most of the others to roll their eyes as he continued.

"From his lush clover covert; -when anew, Adventurous knights take up their dinted shields: I saw the sweetest flower wild nature yields," he pointed to the nearby flower patch, "A fresh-blown musk-rose; 'twas the first that threw Its sweets upon the summer: graceful it grew As is the want that queen Titania wields."

He gestured down to himself, "And, as I feasted on its fragrancy, I thought the garden-rose it far excell'd: But when, O Wells! thy roses came to me, My sense with their deliciousness was spell'd: Soft voices they had, with tender plea, Whisper'd of peace, and truth, and friendliness unquell'd." he lowered his head and body into a delicate curtsey, taking a bow.

Pat and Kitty gave him an energetic round of applause. The others clapped a little slower, looking around at one another in bewilderment, but nevertheless, were actually secretly impressed - although they'd never admit it.

"So, what did you think?" Thomas asked cheerfully.

"What did I think?" Julian repeated, "I thought that-"

"It was marvellous." Cap cut him off before he could say anything inappropriate. "Very... poetic."

"It was definitely... something." Humphrey recoiled, trying to think of something artistic to say. "Um, artsy. Yeah, very artsy."

"I like the bits about the nature." Robin nodded, feeling inspired. "The language was very pretty."

"Ooh yes, very pretty indeed." Mary put in, fluttering her eyelashes at Robin.

"It was beautiful, Thomas! Absolutely beautiful!" Kitty beamed, "You read it wondrously! You should join the drama club at school and read your poetry in one of our plays!"

Thomas actually blushed. "Do... you really think I should?"

"Go for it, mate. Do whatever makes you happy." Pat smiled.

Thomas elegantly sat down, his mind billowing new and hopeful thoughts. His gaze met his campmates and his lips curved into an unfeigned smile. "From now on... I think I may just do that." he whispered to himself, looking up into the star-drenched sky.