leah & jordan - flare up

jordan's pov:

we have a day off today so I am in the shops buying food for dinner tonight as leah and I decided we'd cook together. I'm strolling through the aisles with my trolley when I get a call from leah. I take my phone out of my pocket and pick up.
"hey le" I say causally down the phone.
"jords? I need you" she says hysterically crying.
"coming" I say quickly before I hang up and run out of the shops, leaving my trolley in the middle of the shop aisle.

I don't know what's wrong with leah but it didn't sound good. I just know I have to get home as fast as I can.

I get to the car and drive home as quickly as I can without breaking any rules. as soon as I get home I run in the door and slam it behind me.
"leah? where are you?" I shout.
"the bathroom" she replies from upstairs. I race up the stairs and to the bathroom but when I get there the sight before me breaks my heart.

leah is sitting on the bathroom floor with her knees pulled up to her chest. she's in so much pain and crying non stop.

I sit down on the cold bathroom floor next to her. "what happened?" I ask.
"endometriosis flare up" she almost whispers. leah is in so much pain she almost can't talk.
"shall we go to the bedroom?"
"it hurts though" she says clenching at her stomach.
"I know it does, but you'll be much more comfortable in bed. I'll help you"
"okay" she says reluctantly. I stand up and slowly pull leah to her feet, tears still streaming down her cheeks. I put my arm around her and gently guide her to our bedroom, which luckily isn't too far away.

we walk about half the way there but leah stops walking and clings onto me. "I can't jordan, it hurts too much" she says breaking down.
"I'll carry you" I say, putting one of my arms under her legs and the other under her back. I pick her up and carry her to the bedroom, placing her down gently on the bed. i get into the other side of the bed and wrap my arms around leah.
"do you want it tight or loose?" I ask as I know sometimes when leah is sad she wants to be left alone and not necessarily cuddled.
"tight, definitely" she moves closer to me.
"okay" I say and tighten my grip on leah.
"it really hurts jords" she says in between sobs, looking up at me.
"I know baby, but it'll be over soon" I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and kiss her forehead. "let me go and make you a hot water bottle, it will help"
"no, please don't leave. I want you here" she says wrapping her arm around my neck.
"okay, okay, I won't go"
leah tucks her knees up to her chest and I can tell her stomach it hurting her so much. I gently rest my hand on her lower stomach and run my thumb back and forth over it and leah relaxes a little.

I get my phone out of my pocket and text amanda, leahs mum.

amanda ❤️

hey can you come over please? leah is having another endo flare up and she won't let me leave her side. just need a bit of help with things x

of course I can, I'll be there in about half and hour.
is she okay? x

she's okay, just in pain. I'm with her though. thanks for coming over x

no problem always here to help. see you in a bit and keep me updated x

will do, see you soon x

not long later, leahs mum arrives and lets herself in since I left the door unlocked.
"who's that?" leah asks confused.
I raise my eyebrows at her and don't reply, knowing that amanda will walk up the stairs any minute. and sure enough she does, 2 seconds later she knocks on the bedroom door and comes in.
"mum" leah says smiling faintly.
"hi darlings" amanda says walking over and hugging her and I. "I'm going to sort a few things out downstairs and then I'll come back up okay?"
"okay" leah replies quietly.
I mouth "thank you" at her and she nods her head at me before going back downstairs.

"did you invite my mum over?" leah asks me.
"I might have done" I say smiling at her.
leah smiles back at me. "thank you"
"of course my love" I kiss her head and she tucks it into my neck, hiding her face. I play with leahs hair as I know it calms her down.

about 20 minutes later, amanda comes back into the bedroom with some things to help leah. she has a hot water bottle, glasses of water for us both, and some chocolate and other snacks.
"thank you mum" leah says taking a sip of her water.
"no problem leah, if you need anything else just shout down okay? you as well jordan"
"okay, thanks" we both say.
"I'll leave you in peace" she says before leaving again.
"do you want to watch a film? might take you mind off it" I suggest to leah.
"okay" she says grabbing the hot water bottle and putting it on her stomach. we pick a film and get comfortable before we press play.

"does it still hurt as much?" I ask leah half way through the film. she nods her head. "anything else me or your mum can do?"
"I don't think so"
"I'm sorry baby, just try to relax" leah nods her head slightly and sobs onto my shoulder. she still hasn't stopped crying since I got home. "come here" I lift leah up slightly and reposition her so that her head is resting on my chest and tucked under my chin. but even with the slightest it of movement she winces at the pain. "the pain will go away soon, I promise. just keep breathing and try not to think about it."
"I can't jordan, it really hurts"
I hold leah's hand and intertwine our fingers. "i know it does baby girl. but your going to be okay."
leah doesn't reply, she just lets the silent tears escape onto my shoulder, leaving my top a little damp.
"I've got you my love. it will all be okay soon, I promise." I kiss her forehead and put my hand on her head, drawing her as close to me as I can.
"thank you" leah muffles, so quietly it's almost inaudible.
"always sweetheart, I'm always here to help."