Chapter 1 I My Best Friend

Start from the beginning

I nodded feeling a bit emotional. "I promise I'll be safe."

She wiped her tears laughing "You mean a lot to us Soph, even if you are not our biological daughter." She sniffled. "Also Grady told me to tell you a few ground rules. No overly drinking, no boys especially no boys, no grandchildren and no eloping and running off to god knows where!"

I laughed "I know mom. I promise. And I love you." And gave her a hug. It took her aback a little. I usually wasn't one for show of affection, but- I would really really miss them. Even if they were a little overbearing at times. 

"Now...can I have mallowmelt?" I smiled. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I had just finished packing all my romance books and airpods along with all my clothes since it would be summer when I arrived, when I heard the familiar ringing of my doorbell. I was arriving a little early for introduction to the school which was totally optional but I was totally too excited to spend two whole months waiting for school in San Diego. 

I rushed downstairs eager, hopefully to see my best friend and not some poor mailman who will certainly get a slammed door in his face if it isn't Biana. 

I opened the door to see Biana standing outside boredly scrolling on her Iphone-whatever-the-newest-model-is because I'm not bothered to check. 

"Sophieeee!!!!" She squealed into my ear as she hugged me inhumanely tight, but it was Biana so anything was possible. Good to see my best friend hadn't changed with modelling or increasing wealth.

"Omg your clothes are like drab..." Certainly still the same Biana. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

After getting a long long longgggg lecture from Biana about my wardrobe choices, she finally settled down onto the cream sofa on the other side of the room. 

"Our private plane was soooo late, sorry I couldn't be here earlier. Fitz was using it before me, he had to go to- Foxfire, I don't know why we all couldn't have gone together. I think he had friends that he took and thought we'd be annoying. Anyway-" 

Honestly? I loved loved loved Bi, but sometimes her ideas of world crisies were more first world problems, but I didn't let her blindness hurt me, it just meant she cared. 

"Anyway, my brother has this super-hot guy friend like he's supermodel hot. And he's going to Foxfire- I think, too bad we couldn't get on the plane..."

"Mm-hm" I said applying a light layer of makeup to my face, not really listening, this took a lot of concentration. 

"Anyways I'm pregnant with that creepy kid Jensi's baby." She said slyly.

"Mm-hm- wait WHAT?!" 

Biana laughed and doubled over, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. 

"J-Just checking if your listening Soph!" She gasped for breath. 

I rolled my eyes and chucked a pillow at her. 

Biana chose a pair of wide legged beige pants for me along with a long sleeve white top and black nike dunks to go with it. She also insisted I wear a pair of her surely expensive diamond earrings. Not really a matching fit but I looked decent enough and according to Bi, "diamonds go with everything".

Biana and I set our suitcases in my room, littered with already forgotten clothes strewn on the floor as a 'no' for taking to Foxfire. We went out to get icecream from a local shop across the street. 

"Ugh. I forgot. I'm on a no-icecream modelling diet." She pouted eyeing every flavour. 

"Well, your not modelling for a few months are you?" I raised one eyebrow.