7.

••••

••••

Kennedy laid on the table as the nurse went over the different options she had if she didn't want to continue her pregnancy. It was confirmed that she was now nine weeks pregnant and she was healthy, there was no red flags with her nor baby. Today was her first appointment and this made it real for her hearing and seeing her child's heartbeat. She could even see how her baby was forming, it was creepy looking but she knew that that's how it usually was.

"We won't be needing any other options," she looked from the screen and up to Joshua who had cut the nurse off mid sentence, "We're having our child," he assured her.

The nurse looked between Shakur and Cassidy who stared at the screen themselves, it had been years since they'd seen anything like it.

The last four days they'd been contemplating this moment, although the pregnancy tests told them that she was pregnant it was real now that the nurse had confirmed as well. They still didn't know how to handle it, all they wanted to do was make it easier on the young parents knowing how hard things were being so young and pregnant with Kennedy.

"Well, I'll have the ultrasounds and discharge papers for you after she's dressed and ready to go." She smiled at the young couple and then left to give them their privacy.

Shakur cleared his throat, "So, how are y'all feeling?"

"Scared," both teenagers replied quickly.

"It doesn't get any easier from here, are you both sure this is what you want?" He asked as Kennedy began to put her shirt on. "Like the nurse said, it's other options out there and we support whichever you may decide."

"I've made up my mind," Joshua spoke, "Are you sure this is what you want?" He asked Kennedy. "I'll support what you want to do,"

He didn't want to force her to have a child if she wasn't ready, he knew that he wasn't ready either but he also knew he had time to get ready before the baby was born. He would be hurt if she wanted to terminate but it wasn't just up to him, he knew that.

Kennedy placed her hand on her stomach, "I don't want to terminate." She was sure of it. "I want to keep the baby,"

Shakur kissed her forehead and hugged her, "That's what we're going to do then. I'm here every step of the way Princess." She hugged him tightly.

In this moment she wished her mother would assure her that she'd be okay but since finding out Cassidy hadn't said much of anything to her, as bad as she knew her mother hated her she just wished she put that aside for the moment and atleast tell her she loved her and she'd be there for her. However, that never came as they walked out of the hospital and headed home. Cassidy stayed silent the entire time, almost too silent. It wasn't like her at all.

Joshua took his shoes off at the door how everyone else had done and headed to his room, as stated his parents took him to be emancipated and had washed their hands with him. He was hurt, and couldn't understand why'd they do him the way they did. He still had plans on playing football, rather it was right after highschool or later down the line. Joshua knew that he had to put in the extra work to balance his passion and his kid, it was going to be tough but not impossible. He now had a purpose to go to the NFL. He had to make his kid proud, and have his woman and child living comfortably without her parents money. He was definitely determined.