2. love you to the moon and to saturn

"Uh so that was, uh, something," Peter starts, turning around from locking the door to face May.

"Seriously Peter? A grant and a Stark Industries internship? That's incredible!" May exclaims, "Why didn't you tell me?" she asks suspiciously.

Peter pauses, "Well, I, uh, didn't want to get your hopes up. And I guess I didn't want to get my hopes up either. So I, uh, thought that if I, uh, didn't tell, umm, tell you it would be easier?" he suggests, moving his hands around in uncertainty.

"You could've told me, Pete. I wouldn't have been upset if you didn't get it. These kinds of things are practically impossible to get. But a trip to Germany leaving in two hours, that would've been nice to know," she says, walking towards him.

"Sorry May," the teen replies, glancing at the floor, "I didn't know about the whole Germany thing either," he admits.

May moves towards Peter, lifting his head up and shooting him a look.

"I mean I, uh. I knew there would be trips and stuff, but I didn't expect one to be so soon," he covers, "And in a different country," he mutters under his breath.

"Oh, okay," May nods her head slowly before turning around and heading deeper into the apartment, "Well enough worrying about that. You've gotta pack," she says, grabbing stuff from around the house and piling it on the counter, "I'll go grab your passport. Make sure to remember clean clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, and shampoo and soap," she continues, grabbing her keys and heading into the room, ruffling Pete's hair gently as she passes by.

"I know. I know," Peter mumbles playfully, heading towards his own room.

"Hey May," he pauses, "Where's Leia?"

"Oh, she's in her room napping," May calls out from her room, "I'll wake her up in a little bit so she can say goodbye."

"Oh, okay."

Peter moves quickly around his room, throwing clothes into his bag carelessly before mentally scolding himself and folding them. He heads to the bathroom, throwing a tube of travel toothpaste from the dentist into a Ziploc bag along with tiny hotel shampoos and soaps. He moves back to his room, throwing the bag in with the rest of his stuff, before quickly grabbing his suit and web shooter and shoving them deep into his bag. He puts his passport he didn't know he owned into his backpack, along with his laptop and notebook.

He walks out into the hall and glances at the room opposite his. The light underneath reduced to the soft glow of a night light. He walks into the room quietly, turning on the bedside lamp before perching gently on the side of the bed.

"Hey princess," he whispers, gently brushing Leia's hair away from her face.

Leia quietly stirs before opening her eyes groggily.

"Pete?" she asks, her voice still sleepy.

"Yeah, it's me. I need to talk to you about something very important, okay?"

"Mhm," Leia hums, looking up at her brother.

"Okay. So do you know who Tony Stark is?" Peter asks, gently running his hand through his little sister's hair soothingly.

"He's the inventor guy. And Iron Man," Leia answers, her eyes now filled with curiosity.

"Exactly," Peter agrees, "So Mr. Stark wants me to help him fight some people as Spiderman."

"So you're an Avenger now?"

"No, not exactly. Maybe someday I hope."

"Okay?" Leia asks, tilting her head in confusion.

"Anyways, in order to help him I have to take a trip. I'm going to be gone for a few days, but don't worry. I'll come back, okay?" Peter assures the young girl.

Leia frowns slightly before nodding and giving Peter a small smile of encouragement.

"So, how long will you be gone?" Leia questions, moving to sit up.

"I'm not sure. But I promise that I'll be back by next Monday."

Leia tilts her head, shooting Pete an unconvinced look. Peter laughs softly, his little sister, forever the skepticist. Peter kisses two of his fingers, holding them out to Leia who copies him. Linking their fingers together before pulling each other into a tight hug.

"Be good for May."

"Don't worry." Leia nods, "We'll be okay."

"Alright. I love you. See you soon."

"I love you too Petey."

Peter smiles at the nickname, ruffling Leia's hair before standing up.