3

Chapter 3: Dreams

Chapter 3: Dreams

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚

1933

It wasn't exactly a surprise to Juliette to see her two new friends waiting for her in the park. In fact, she asked them to meet her there -- the boys insisted that the three of them hung out as soon as they possibly could. What truly surprised the brunette was how excited they'd been when she agreed. It was still new to her; having people that genuinely enjoyed her company. It wasn't that she disliked the feeling of being appreciated, she just never had it before, making it almost awkward.

"Juliette!" They yelled, their arms strung high, waving wildly at her. A smile broke out across her face as she made her way towards the two teens. The girl's crimson striped sweater blew in the wind. Its actions following the trees and bushes that surrounded them. the autumnal chill reached her bones as she drew the sweater nearer her body. The long sleeve underneath provided little protection against the Sunday morning breeze. She reached them, slightly panting from the light jog she committed to after seeing them.

Her heels clicked against the pavement beneath them as she went to hug the two boys. "Took you long enough." Steve remarked, a devilish smirk brightly shining on his lips. Juliette laughed, playfully hitting him upon the shoulder. "Lots of foot traffic in the way." She said, "You know how busy Shultz's gets this time of day." Both nodded knowingly. She thought for a moment, "Actually, if the two of you wanted, we could head back there and go grab some hotdogs?"

They both twisted their noses, grunting.

"Overrated." Steve remarked.

"There's better places." Bucky added.

Juliette was confused by this. Everyone loves Shultz's. "The hell is wrong with you guys?" Shrugging, they began to smirk. Juliette felt like she was on the outside of an inside joke, "No seriously. Everyone loves his food."

Steve turned sharply, now facing the tall brown-haired boy beside him. They shot each other a look the girl couldn't quite decipher. The two faced her again after their quiet decision making. "We're banned from going back." This took the girl by surprise. She started to ask why, but Bucky had beaten her to an explanation.