10 : Aftermath Of The Storm

AALIYAH

I opened my eyes to a dimly lit room with a hint of sunlight peeking in.

I slowly pulled the cover off of me and tried to sit up. My head felt dizzy and everything was blurry.

I slowly laid back down and wrapped myself with the cover. It was so soft and fluffy I wanted to lay there forever.

Then reality hit me. Where the hell was I?

I tried to remember at least a little bit of what happened last night. I don't remember much besides going to a party. Wait why would I go to a party I hate parties.

Just then the door slowly opened and someone peeked in. It was a little girl with two pigtails. Wait. Is that Sophia?

"Sophia?" I asked slowly sitting up so it wouldn't feel like I doing a somersault.

"Aaliyah?" she asked stepping in.

"Oh my gosh, you grew up so much."

She walked in and came to sit down in front of me on the bed. "Well the last time you saw me I was four but I'm all grown up. I'm five now."

"Wait you're five? I thought you were still three."

"Being three is for babies. And I'm not a baby."

Dang I have to pee.

"Hold on I have to go do something really quick." I slowly made my way into Lucas's bathroom to pee.

I walked out of his bathroom and Sophia asked me if I was okay. Then Lucas came into the room. He looked back and forth at us.

"I see you're up now."

"Yep. I don't feel like it though."

"I mean you did have a lot of brownies last night. That can take a toll on you."

"Brownies don't do that. Mommy gives me brownies all the time when I'm good and I don't feel bad."

"Aaliyah just had some bad ones that made her feel different. She'll be alright."

"Wait there are bad brownies?"

"Yeah. But don't worry you won't ever get any bad ones. I'll make sure of it."

"And I'll make sure you don't have any bad brownies too." She ran over and hugged Lucas. She was so short or maybe Lucas was just tall.

I think the latter one. When she went over to hug him she was at his knees. It was so cute.

"Why don't you go in your room and play? I'll be there in a little."

She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. I love Sophia she was really cute as a child and now look at her. Still the same amount of cute. I didn't think that was possible.

"I missed her. I haven't seen her in such a long time."

"Yeah, she's really sweet."

"Did I do or say anything last night that was embarrassing? Well, I probably did I just-"

Dang I have to pee again.

Seriously I couldn't get thirty words out.

I came out of the bathroom and Lucas looked at me apologetically.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah just living life great right now. Do you have an extra toothbrush I can use? Actually, I could use a good bit of everything right now. I look hideous, I can't stop peeing for the life of me, and I really need a shower right about now."