|10|You Could've Been Anywhere, But You're Here...|

I had just exited the plane and was walking through the airport to the cab I had already called so it would be waiting for me. It was raining a lot, being a testament to the British winter weather.

I had flown over to see Will and a few other friends before the start of the season in March. He told me he would message me the things he had planned for us, and I knew I was going to be dragged to a few bars.

Will
last seen: 2 hours ago

-----1 new message-----

Hey man! Glad you've
landed in the safe haven of
my home country.

Tonight, meet us at the
Horse and Trough for a
fun night of drinks

Is Leo going to be there?

You know I won't go if she's there

No, she won't be there.
Don't worry.

Ok, cool. I'll see you
at seven?

Perfect!

I spent most of the day lounging around in my hotel room, ready to just unwind with a couple of drinks. I showered to wash the feeling of jet-lag and tiredness off of me, and got dressed in some jeans and the first t-shirt that came out of my suitcase.

The drive to the bar was short, and I immediately got a sense of deja-vu as I walked through the pub doors. The stage was empty, no microphone, no lights, no piano, no Leo. It was strange not hearing her angelic voice through the speakers or seeing her on the stage.

Instead, there were tables and chairs surrounding the dancefloor and music playing quietly in the background. It was just the same as when I first met Will last year before the British GP.

I spotted him and he pulled me in for a hug, I bought him a drink and then he disappeared again. Only this time, I didn't have Leo to watch while he was gone.

Every now and then, I heard the door open behind me and a gust of cold wind rushed over my shoulders. I sat at the bar, my drink still sat in front of me, and I contemplated leaving. Will had disappeared and being here was bringing back bittersweet memories.

I looked up from the brown wood of the bar and another sense of deja-vu rushed over me. Oh shit.

------

Yet again, Etta was having to drag me out of my apartment to 'try and get me a man'. I didn't want to go, but I couldn't say no to her again. I wore a sparkly dress, to really catch someone's attention.

I didn't want to show my face at the Horse and Trough again, but it was where Will was and Etta was already getting separation anxiety from not seeing him all day.

As soon as we arrived there, Etta ordered a few rounds of shots and I downed a few of them. She found a nice table in the corner, but it had a good view of the whole pub.

It saddened me to see the stage completely empty - not even the keyboard stood there anymore. I was glad not to be working here anymore, though.

Ever since I had left Pierre in that hotel room, I had actually signed to a record label who was currently helping me write and produce my first album.

Anyway, Etta had skipped off to try and find Will in the Saturday night bustle of the pub. I was just looking around, seeing if any of the old regulars were in. My eyes met with a pair of striking blue ones and my heart stopped.