𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

Start from the beginning

He turns his camera and shows his view to Fayen. She is met with the happy face of Lando Norris sitting next to him on a golf card. Then he shows the Tee Box where two other people are getting ready to take the first swing. She recognizes Charles even as his back is turned to the camera, the posture and his shoulders straight. Messy brown hair getting ruffled by the little gust of wind. It must be him. The other player must be Carlos Sainz, as his hair is even more recognizable than Charles'.

The camera turns back and Fayen puts on a scolding face. "Shouldn't you be preparing for a race weekend?"

Pierre laughs and Lando leans into the frame, shaking his head. "We are getting through our jetlag, on order of our trainers. Media is not until tomorrow."

Fayen hums and nods. She would not want to switch with them schedule wise. Flying all around the world and expected to perform to their highest capacity, it's not easy. Fayen has always admired her brother for that aspect of his work. She comes back to the point. "That's why I was texting. Are you attending the JPMorgan event tonight?" Fayen asks her brother again.

"I am!" Lando shouts again, almost making Pierre deaf in the ear Lando had shouted in. "Thanks for that," Pierre turns to the younger man and whacks him over the head before shaking his head at his sister. "I am not, I have a meeting and an Alpine sponsor thing."

Fayen makes a pouting face at her phone and Pierre laughs. "Don't be sad, Lando will be there, maybe some others?" He poses the question to Lando who shrugs. "I don't know, me and Oscar are attending, hold up." He holds up his finger at me before disappearing and shouting something to the other two Fayen can't follow.

"If the event is tonight you will only be just in time," Pierre remarks. Fayen sighs and nods at her brother. "Yeah, it was a very last minute thing with some other client. But I will just be around for tonight and leave Friday evening, so probs gonna do a little sightseeing before flying back."

Pierre wiggles his eyebrows at his camera and smirks at her trying to convey some message she doesn't pick up on.

"Don't communicate in your weird nonverbal way, I'm too tired to think." She yawns on cue which accentuates her point.

"Cheer up, you will gain a day by flying backwards." Pierre winks. Fayen flips him off and he laughs even louder. "What I wanted to say is that you could stay the weekend. Come to the race?"

Fayen bites the inside of her cheek thinking. Flying down to Miami only for an event is actually a shame and she would like to attend a race again, it has been a while since her last live watched Grand Prix.

"I can get you a paddock-pass to get you in, it's no big deal." Pierre ads as he sees her hesitate.

"I don't want to be linked to you, you know that." She defends immediately. Pierre sighs, but before he can start an old argument he looks up to something behind his screen. Apparently Lando's coming back, because he crashes down next to Pierre again, panting a little from his sprint.

"Carlos and Charles will be there too, and probably Max and Checo as well." He smiles at Fayen, as if this is a reassuring thing. And yes she is looking forward to seeing them again, but spending another event with Charles is not a thing to look forward to specifically. The last event didn't go down well and after her panic attack in Pierre's bathroom the vibe had been weird all night. But Charles is only one man and she would mostly be working, so it should be fine.

"Nice, I will see you tonight then I guess?" Lando nods fiercely and Fayen laughs at his excitement.

"These things are always better with friends," Lando says with a wink and Fayen makes a kissing face at him. The Brit had grown on her so much over the last month. He and Grace are adorable, but on his own he is also a person Fayen would be friends with even if Grace wasn't in the picture. She is happy they met.

"You have my number? We can get in touch before it starts." Fayen nods with a smile. Pierre slaps Lando on the shoulder with bright eyes.

"You can give my sister your invitation pass for the weekend!" That is not a bad idea. As a guest of Lando my link to Pierre would go unnoticed and she can still attend. But Lando shakes his head.

"Can't, I gave mine away already." Pierre's happy face falls again and a shout is heard in the background. "It's my turn, I'll see you tonight then!" And he shoots off like a little rocket. Pierre shakes his head laughing again.

"I don't know where he finds the energy..." he shakes his head before turning back to his sister. "But about the Grand Prix?"

Fayen bites the inside of her lip thinking about the matter. She can't even take two seconds before the space Lando left empty gets occupied by Charles. He has golfing gloves on and his hair is blown out by the wind. Fayen needs to swallow an extra time to work away the dryness that suddenly occupies her mouth.

"Perfect timing, do you still have guest passes for the weekend?" Charles is focused on something in front of him. Probably Lando taking his swing and he just hums in agreement.

"Yeah, why?"

Pierre turns back to me. "See, you can come as Charles' guest. Great!"

"Wait what?" Charles turns to Pierre and then spots the phone in his hand where Fayen's face is visible. A face that is a few shades paler than a second ago but she tries to play it cool and waves at the Ferrari driver.

Pierre explains the situation quickly and closes with a wide grin. "I need to take my turn," Pierre states plainly. "I'll see you tomorrow after training. Text me!" And with that he is gone, leaving his phone with Charles.

Fayen stares at him and he does the same back. They don't speak for a full 30 seconds, yes Fayen was counting, not knowing what to say.

"Uh, okay then. Give me your details and I will sort it out with my team." Charles mutters and takes out his own phone to write everything down.

Fayen regains her ability to think after the rush in which this was handled and she starts shaking her head. "You don't need to do that, I will tell Pierre and-" But Charles cuts her off.

"It's no bother, I don't have an other use for the pass anyway. So, your information?"

Fayen acquiesces and starts listing her details while watching Charles' face, concentrating on writing everything down. She waits and when they're done she thanks him for his troubles. She wants to say something else but it hits her that she hasn't talked in a civil way one on one with Charles ever before. It feels so weird.Charles seems to feel the same way as he doesn't say anything either. They fall back into the awkward silence, just staring at each other through the screen.

"See you tonight then," Fayen blurts out and hangs up quickly, taking a deep breath when her screen has turned black. What is she getting herself into?
-