Chapter 7

Hyunjin's POV:
This is disgusting.

I want to go home, not stand here and listen to Minho and his little boyfriend flirt for 10 minutes.

How Minho can be so ok with dating someone from another group, and working closely with that group so suddenly is irresponsible to me. We don't know or trust these people, yet we're supposed to be staying in their house from now on?

We've never even stayed the night with Ateez before, and they're our closest friends.

When I figured out Minho was seeing Jisung, I wanted to try to do everything I could to stop them. Chan's worry made sense to me, it was the most logical thing. Yes, my group is like family to me. Which is why I wanted to keep them safe.

And Minho seeing Jisung threatened that.

But now, we're working together. Does that mean the threat isn't there anymore? I don't know.

Us staying in their house makes us sitting ducks if they wanted to kill us. Yet, Chan is clearing a whole room for me.

This whole situation is honestly confusing. Everything I was trying to accomplish is being proven wrong and it's not sitting right with me. Everything in me is saying to protect my team, if not, myself. But everything happening right now is saying that it's safe, and I don't have to worry
anymore.

It also blows my mind how easily Changbin and Felix were able to accept this huge change so easily. They also accepted Minho's relationship with Jisung, no questions asked. That's nice and all, but how were they not the least bit skeptical?

Their reactions make me question my reaction, but also question if they were possibly wrong.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. After Chan and Minho shook  hands to seal the arrangement last night, I didn't know what that meant for our future as an individual group. Yes, we'd be integrating together, but does that mean we have to adopt their responsibilities and jobs?

I've been so confused since then, so after Minho and I's small argument, I decided just to keep my guard up. If I show that I'm strong, they'll think I am and possibly won't try to harm me.

So far I think it's working. That Seungmin guy is really testing my patience with his comments. He thinks I wasn't listening when he was talking in the kitchen, but I was. What Felix and Changbin were telling his is true, but I have my reasoning for my actions and I'm willing to stick to them.

After finally leaving their house, we all jump into our vehicle to go back to our house.

When we get there, I need to make a decision. Do I either stay there and be comfortable and away from strangers? Or do I get my things and go back to their house and stay in the room they're cleaning out for me?

The option with manners says the latter, but my head is telling me the former.

If I stay home, Minho won't be happy about it. But it's my decision isn't it?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When we get to the house, Felix and Changbin take off, hand in hand, to pack some of their things. Minho goes to do the same, but stops when he sees me not moving very quickly.

"Hyunjin. Get going. We don't want to take too long to get our stuff together." He says. His voice still sounds a little lighter after his little flirt with Jisung.

I cross my arms loosely. "What if I don't want to go back there, hyung? It's safer to stay here overnight. And besides, all our stuff is here anyway."