"If a bed, clothes, shoes, and a sectional homey, I guess."

"A bed, clothes...Girl what?" Maleah shows her disapproval on her expression. "You cannot be in here all boyish and shit. This notta bachelor pad. You gotta give it some Childs flavor. I mean, you gotta interior designer for a sister and mother for crying out loud. I gotchuuu, for the free."

"Hell yeah for the free. Think I'm paying those high-ass prices? Y'all can leave that for them White folks out towards Nichols Hills."

"And they pay it easy." Maleah winked, "Speaking of Motha Love.. you tell her you back yet?"

"Didn't. I figured your big mouth would."

"And did!" Maleah confirmed, laughing. "But she wanna hear that from your mouth. You need to call her."

"So I can hear her complain bout my career choice, again? No, thanks." Akil declined, as her phone rung in the back pocket of jeans. She eyed the flashing screen with 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗹 contact. "I gotta take this."

"Uh-Uhhh, Akil, you promised no work yo first day here."

"It's real quick." Akil foots to the hallway and in her empty bedroom, answering the phone. "Yeah?"

"I know you said no calls your first day here," He recites.

"I did."

"But this is important. Brock Preston and his wife Journee were murdered early this morning."

Akil's expression flattens. "What? Preston was going to give this case the push it needed. How'd he die?"

"Shot and house set on fire. The daughter got away but she's not talking."

"I can try my hand at talking to her. Where's she?" Akil asked.

"In OKC with Child Protective Service, outside of our jurisdiction." He mentioned.

Akil knows he mention the location for a reason. "Yeah, I'll let you know what I find out, Detective."

Darnell laughs lightly on the other end. "Be discreet."

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Akil says lastly before hanging up her phone. She went back to the front getting a knowing look from her sister. "I know, Maleah. But this is a big case."

Rolling her eyes and hopping off the breakfast counter, Maleah took a hold of her OnCue. "Yeah, whatever. . I'll be waiting out in the car."

"Look on the bright side; at least we have a two hour drive together."

"Kiss my bright side." Maleah remarks, flipping her off the whole way out the door until she was out of sight.

Akil waits for the movers to finish, which only took a full thirty. She pays them a tip before locking up and joining her sister in the car. She started up her Kia and drove for the nearest highway. She could feel the tension coming off her sister as she drove to the Kali Uchis.

"Leah, it's still pretty early." Akil started to reason, "I just have to run to this place and we can go furniture shopping. You can pick it all out."

"I was doing that regardless," Maleah pops her tongue. "Where we going?"

"OKC. It'll be quick, I promise."