Chapter 30: To Get His' Mitts On Her

Start from the beginning

Making her way straight to a hardware store near her gallery, she begin to rummage in there.

Eventually discovering the perfect item she was searching for, she went to the front desk for billing.

"Mmm, I beg your pardon sir. Do you have any mechanic or someone perfect for the job, who can anchor these latches over my door?"

"Yeah we do have."

Replied the man sitting behind the counter.

"Very well, can you send them with me? Actually it's kind of high-priority."

"Sure, but young girl, the boy will charge you for his work plus you will have to recompense for his transportation to your door."

"I am fine with that, not to mention my apartment is just fifteen minutes from here."

"Okay."

The man settled himself in the seat behind the counter stood up from and called for a boy even younger than Sophia.

"Jack you have to accompany her to her apartment and apply these latches where ever she asks for. She will remunerate for your transportation but also tell her about your charge for the work to be done beforehand."

Shopkeeper spoke to the boy as soon as he arrived.

"5 USD."

Whilst before the shopkeeper could complete himself, the little boy replied.

"Fine by me." At an instance, Sophia answered.

In spite of the fact that, the charge was considerably more than Sophia could have imagined, but she agreed without negotiating. She wanted her work to be done, be theat as it may.

They went their way to the bus stop and getting in bus, they transmitted to the stop near her apartment. Getting off, she took the boy to her building and than up to her apartment.

Opening the door by scanning her retina,  she entered in and asked the boy.

"Establish the latches on the inwards side of the door."

The boy looked at the door and then to Sophia and once again to the door. At lenght, he kept on looking at her face thinking her to be foolish. 

In the first place, when she already have an state-of-the-art technique lock, which other apartments of this building don't have, is asking him to attach these outmoded , bygone latches.

Ant in the second place, even if she have in any degree an item of incalculable value at her home, for which she is applying these supplementary locks, why is she demanding it to be done on the other side of the door?

Not withstanding with the fact that for little time, but Sophia wanted to spend her hard-earned money in these diminutive things, as she wanted to protect herself from the old Nick, how so ever feasible.

Since the boy was recieving his money, without any further interrogation or any procrastination, Jack did his work and taking his money he went off.

Delighted with what she had done, Sophia walked out of the apartment, on her way to the cafè, but not before packing her clothes in a trolley bag and bringing it along with her.

Proceeding on her way to the cafè, she made a small discontinuation to the cash machine on her en route and withdrawing all the currency she had saved in her account and stuffing it in her wallet, she went to her way back.

Getting in, she tout de suite got on the work assigned to her and got wallowed in it. Out of instance, the sound of door being shot open with a loud jingle of the bells attached to it hit her ears, catching her attention and found Lisa standing to the fore of her eyes.