𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

Start from the beginning

Hajime noticed this and placed a hand on your shoulder. "If you want, I can check for you?" He offered.

"Thank you." You gratefully replied with a small smile. He carefully lifted it up, causing you to wince when a foul stench hit your nose. As you stared down at the body, you couldn't help but feel a little sorry. Sure, Byakuya wasn't the easiest to get along with, but he had good intentions and tried his best to lead us. All he wanted to do was to leave the island with all of us. "Oh Kuya, why did it have to be you?" You whispered.

You shook your head, trying to get rid of all the bad thoughts or incoming tears. Now wasn't the time to feel sad. Right now, your primary goal was to get through with this investigation and find out who murdered Byakuya.

"Whoa, look at this." Hajime said, knocking you out of your thoughts. In his hands were a pair of night vision goggles.

"What are these doing here?" You questioned.

"I don't know. Maybe the killer used them to help navigate through the blackout. Here, try them on." Hajime handed you the goggles, and you put them on. Your vision was instantly met with a green film, which made it difficult for you to see where you were going.

You let out a scream, which made Hajime jump. "What's wrong!?" He exclaimed worriedly.

"Sorry, you scared me..." You softly giggled and took the goggles off.

Hajime frowns and snatches the goggles away from you. "Stop playing around and let's continue, please."

You nodded your head and continued investigating. Underneath the table, there was a piece of green tape that seemed to glow dimly. At first, you didn't understand its purpose until you also noticed a knife on the ground with the same green glowing paint on it. You pointed this out to Hajime, who examined it suspiciously.

"It looks like the knife was hidden underneath the table by the blackened, and they must've used it to kill him." Hajime concluded. It made perfect sense to you, but it just felt like something was missing.

It was just too easy to believe that the knife had something to do with this, but there had to be more to it...

That was when you looked over and noticed a black case lying on the floor. "Hajime, look over there!" You pointed towards the case.

"Hey this is one of the cases Byakuya was carrying around, but why is it opened?" Hajime questions as he walked over to inspect the contents of the case.

You crouched down next to him and peered into the case. Inside it, we found an assortment of items, such as pepper spray, a metal baton, and a small case that seemed to belong to the night vision goggles.

"Woah, what was Byakuya doing with all this stuff?" You wondered.

"Maybe as an extra safety precaution? I don't know about the rest of the stuff, but maybe there's a connection between these goggles and the power outage." Hajime responses.

This made you start to question. Could Byakuya have known something was going to happen beforehand? You looked inside the case some more and found a small key.

"Hey, this looks like the key to the other case we put the kitchen's utensils inside. I'm pretty sure Peko was the one guarding it inside the security room. Let's go ask her about it." You proposed.

On our way to the security room, we saw Nekomaru walking out of the bathroom, looking relieved. "Woo! That felt good. I, Nekomaru Nidai, have been reborn! I have no intention of losing anymore!" He exclaims.

"What are you talking about?" You asked him.

"I don't know who it was, but someone was trying to make a shitty bastard outta me. They were hogging up the toilet ever since the party started." He explained.