Looking back at her, he caressed her cheeks to wipe off the tears but his breath hitched when Aadhya's sleeping figure scooted closer to him. Too close that it felt like she was hugging him.

Her hot breath fanned around his throat which surely churned up his stomach. Inhaling a deep breath, he tried to manage his racened Heartbeat and wrapped his one hand around her shoulder.

She snuggled close to him when he patted her back while strocking her hair in between.

"Please don't leave me." He heard her muffled voice..

"Never."

He felt her finally calming down when he heard soft snores.

"You're safe with me." He whispered one last time and kissed the top of her head before closing his eyes with Aadhya in his arms.

The next morning came in Jiffy and Aayansh woke up before Aadhya, not to make the moment awkward since she was hugging him the whole night like her life was depending on it.

He was getting ready for his office when Aadhya's alarm rang. She woke up rubbing her eyes after turning off the alarm.

She sat on the bed and the blurry picture of last night events flashed in front of her. Was it a dream? Her crying in the sleep and the voice she heard to calm her dowm. She also felt like she hugged someone, specifically a man and his voice was familiar.

"How are you feeling?" She looked up and saw him looking at her.

"Huh?" She was confused.

"You must have saw a nightmare last night. Are you alright?" Aayansh asked. He didn't want to bring up the topic of her crying because somewhere he knew, she would be embarrassed about it.

So it wasn't just a dream. She got all the flashbacks and was really crying and the man who hugged her and calmed her down was none other than her own husband. Her eyes widened a little but composing herself, she nodded at him.

Getting up, she was about to walk into the bathroom when Aayansh stopped her.

"Who hurt you?" He asked and when she looked at him, his expressions weren't pleasing. Rage could be clearly seen in his eyes.

"It was just a nightmare. It's not what you're thinking." She hesitantly lied, trying her best not to shutter so he could believe her.

"And care to explain what I'm thinking?" He stepped closer to her while she looked away, biting her lower lip.

"I asked you something. What was that about? Did someone hurt you?" He was dangerously close to her, so close that she heard him even when his words came out as a mere whisper. Aayansh was already running out of his patience yet he was trying to maintain his calm.

She shook her head in denial. "No one did. You're exaggerating." She looked at him after saying. Cleary she couldn't lie looking into his eyes.

Aayansh closed his eyes in frustration and gritted his teeth. Hoding her arm, he jerked her body towards him, making her eyes pop out of the socket.

"I don't like Lies Aadhya and I'm not a fool to believe you that it was just a fucking nightmare." Aadhya closed her eyes in fear.

"I'm asking you one simple question that what happened? Did someone hurt you?" Aayansh clenched his jaw and his other hand formed a fist.

"I'm not comfortable sharing with you, please." His grip around Aadhya's arm loosened upon hearing her words which came out more as pleading.

Letting go of her, his expressions turned into guilty and the next moment again into angry. Aadhya was looking everywhere but him with her tearful gaze.