Chapter 5 - Make-up

Start from the beginning

"Oh bro..." I said softly pulling him in for a hug.

"Me squished!" Kayla said from in between us. Making us both giggle and let go of each other. 

"Right, Kayla Grace, listen to me, we are in a parking lot and there are a lot of cars, so you have to hold someone's hand, ok?" I said to Kayla with a serious face.

"Whyyy" Kayla whined.

"Because it's very dangerous, you're too little and the people in the cars can't see you." I added. "Noah's gonna have to hold you know because you ran in the parking lot." 

"NO!" Kayla screamed and started moving around in Noah's hold to be put down.

"What on earth is going on?" Leo said finally reappearing from wherever he disappeared off to.

"Kayla nearly got ran over by a car, and now she's throwing a fit because I have to hold her." Noah replied nonchalantly. 

"What?! She nearly got ran over by a car?!" Leo said shooting his head in my direction.  

"Ok, it's not totally my fault though! I was holding her hand but she let go and ran off..." I said half defensive, half guilty.

"Ok, I get that people are like angry or whatever but everyone just gonna leave me here struggling with a screaming toddler?" Noah said breaking Leo and I's conversation. And yes, Kayla was still screaming.

KAYLA GRACE'S BUBBAS

"Kayla! Dinner monkey!" Sam called up the stairs

Thankfully Kayla has since taken a nap and she had been upstairs by herself playing for about 30 minutes. Everyone was sitting at the table waiting for Kayla to come down. After a few minutes, I was designated to go and get her. 

"Where are you squirt?" I said once I didn't see her in her bedroom. I heard noise coming from her bathroom so I opened the door just for it to be slammed shut again by Kayla.

"No! No come in Ollie!" Kayla said. She's obviously doing something she's not supposed to be.

"Kayla Grace, what are you doing?" I said in a serious tone. This shit gets on my nerves, I'm not gonna deny that I loose patience very quickly with Kayla but it's not like I don't try.

"Nothing!" Kayla snapped at me. This is the shit I'm talking about. 

"Who do you think you're talking to?!" I say trying to open the door once again but this time it's locked. "Kayla! What's the rule?! No locking doors! Open it right now!" I said loosing my patience.

"Nooo!" Kayla says but this time it sounds like she's crying.

"What did you do Kayla?" I say slightly softer.