ii| randy the superhero

—DELILAH WAS LAYING ON THE COUCH WHEN SHE GOT A PHONE CALL

DELILAH WAS LAYING ON THE COUCH WHEN SHE GOT A PHONE CALL. She sighed and turned the television down before answering.

"Hello?"

"Lila? It's Tatum."

"Oh hey, Tate what's up?"

"Sidney was attacked by someone tonight. She's staying at my house because her dads outta town. Would you wanna stay with us?"

"Oh my God of course. I'll pack a bag and then I'll be there as soon as I can."

"No rush, we're at the police station now. Sidneys being questioned. They arrested Billy."

"Billy?! They think he did it?"

"Yeah it's crazy."

"Oh my God. Do you want me to go to your house or the station?"

"We'll be outta here soon so the house."

"Okay. Thanks Tate I'll see you soon."

"Okay. Be safe, Lila."

"You too."

Delilah hung up the phone and ran a hand over her face.

"Who was that on the phone?" Her mother asked from her room.

"Tatum." Delilah responded. "Sidney was attacked. I gotta go to Tatums house, mom."

"Oh my God." Mrs Abrams said. "That poor girl. Just, be careful."

"I will." Delilah said. "I'm gonna call Randy and ask if he can drive me."

"Okay sweetie." Mrs Abrams said. "I love you."

"Love you too mom."

Delilah picked up the phone and dialed the videos stores number.

"Hello this is Randy how may I help you?"

"Rand, it's Delilah."

"Oh hey, Lily. Whats up?"

"When does your shift end?"

"Uhh in about 10 minutes why?"

"Okay. Can you pick me up and take me to Tatums please."

"Sure."

"Thanks Rand. I'll explain everything there."

"Alright. I'll be there in about 20 minutes."

"Okay. Bye Randy be careful."

"Always am."

Delilah smirked and hung up the phone before going upstairs and packing a bag.

"Lila, I'm gonna go to the store really quick. I need to pick up a few things for your father!" Mrs Abrams called to her daughter.

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow!" Delilah exclaimed. "Love you!"

She heard the door shut and went to the bathroom. She put her toothbrush in a ziploc bag and threw it in her bag.

She sat on her bed and read To Kill a Mockingbird for the 5th time. After a few minutes she heard a knock on the door.

She grabbed her bag and went downstairs and there Randy was. She smiled at him as they got in his car.

"So why are you going to Tatums so late?" He asked. Her smile faltered.

"Sidney was attacked." She said. "They think it was Billy."

"Billy?" Randy said. "That piece of shit. I thought it was Stu."

"Me too!" Delilah exclaimed. "I was so confused when she said it was Billy. But he's in custody now and they don't know if he actually did it or not."

"Well if he did, he better stay far away from Sid." Randy said as he drove down the street.

"Mhm." Delilah hummed as she looked out the window.

"She'll be okay, Lily." Randy said. "Sidney is one of the toughest girls I know."

Delilah smiled over at her friend and then turned her gaze out the window.

"Besides, if anybodies gonna protect her it's gonna be us." He smiled. "We're horror movie fanatics." Randy raised his hand in the air victoriously. Delilah chuckled at his antics.

"Randy your the only one that could've possibly made me laugh in a situation like this." Delilah said with a grin. Randy took his eyes off the road to look at his friend. He too smiled.