Herbs E-H

E

Earth Smoke
Also Called: Fumitory
Associated with the underworld. Excellent for use at Samhain. Infusion is useful as a wash for consecrating ritual tools. Use in purification rituals when moving into a new residence.
Make an infusion, then sprinkle the infusion around the house and rub on the bottom of shoes to bring quick financial gain.

Ebony
Obeah Wood
Protection, power.

Echinacea
Also Called: Purple Coneflower, Coneflower, Black Sampson
Adds powerful strength to charms, sachets, and herb mixes.
Useful for money drawing magick.
Dried flowers can be burned as incense. Use on the altar as an offering to the spirits.

Elder (Poisonous)
Also Called: Sweet Elder, Tree of Doom, Pipe Tree, Witch's Tree, Old Lady, Devil's Eye
Sleep, releasing enchantments, protection against negativity, wisdom, house blessing and business blessing.
Elder flowers are useful in dream pillows. Wear to provide protection against evil, negativity, and attackers. Used in rites of death & dying to protect the loved one during transport to the Otherworld.

Elecampane
Also Called: Yellow Starwort, Elf Dock, Elf Wort, Horse-elder, Horseheal, Scab Wort, Elecampagne,
Velvet Dock
Associated with the Eleven world and Tarot.
Magickally used for banishing and to dispel angry or violent vibrations. Use in incense to purify initiates. Useful for baby blessings. Hide a sachet of elecampane or sprinkle it around doorways to keep out bad vibrations.

Elm
Also Called: Elven, European Elm, English Elm
Correspondence with Elven world.
Love. To stop slander, bury elm bark in a box with a piece of paper containing the name of the person who is speaking adversely about you.

Endive
Love

Epsom Salt
Common ingredient in ritual baths and bath salt recipes.

Eucalyptus
Also Called: Blue Gum, River Red Gum, Mottlecah, Maiden's Gum, Fever Tree, Stringy Bark Tree
Attracts healing vibrations, great for protection and healing sachets. Use to purify any space. Use dried leaves to stuff healing poppets, pillows, or sachets. Arrange a ring of dried leaves around a blue candle and burn the candle for healing vibrations. Carry in a sachet or amulet to help reconcile difficulties in a relationship, for protection, and/or to maintain health.

Evening Primrose
Also Called: Fever Plant, Field Primrose, King's Cureall, Night Willow-herb, Scabish, Scurvish, Tree Primrose, Primrose
Use in ritual baths to increase inner beauty & desirability.

Eyebright
Also Called: Eye Bright, Casse-lunette
Carry this herb to increase psychic ability, improve memory, encourage rationality, and increase positive outlook.
Carry to bring a humorous and bright outlook when life seems dark and negative.

F

False Unicorn Root
Also Called: Starwort, Helonias Root
Magickal uses include protection for mother and baby.

Fennel Seed
Also Called: Large Fennel, Sweet Fennel, Wild Fennel, Finocchio, Florence Fennel
Imparts strength, vitality; prevents curses, possession, and negative problems. Use in spells for protection, healing, and purification. Provides help and strength when facing danger or dire times. Fennel is thought to increase the length of one's incarnation. Hang in windows and doors to ward off evil.

Fenugreek
Also Called: Greek Hay, Fenugreek Seed
Used for money drawing and fertility magick. Use in floor washes to bring money to the home. Place in a jar and add a few seeds every day to increase money flow to the household.