Opening Night

a/n: welcome to my new book!! i hope you enjoy :)

-----

The crowd was going wild, fans of such a wide variety of age, gender and nationalities screeching at the top of their lungs. Your chest swelled with pride, your girlfriend was living her childhood fantasy.

Taylor looked ethereal on the opening night of her tour, her voice like the song of a thousand angels. The high notes she hit caused your heart to skip a beat every time.

The minute she walked out onto the stage, she scanned the audience for her favourite familiar face.

An evident smirk tugged at her lips as her eyes met yours. It just seemed like a normal expression to everyone else, but you knew that her smile spoke a million words, just for you.

Your relationship wasn't public. Taylor always reminded you, however, that she wasn't keeping you a secret, and if you wanted, she would announce your relationship to the whole world proudly.

You were terrified of the public, their opinions, the paparazzi. So for now, you both lived in a state of bliss, content in your own little world.

It was so loud in the stadium, and Taylor knew you were easily overwhelmed. She begged you to wear earplugs so the noise would be slightly duller, but you'd done so before at concerts and gotten many dirty looks.

She often checked on you when she was near your section, offering you a smile or a wink.

However, she saw the wide smile from your face had fallen. Fans around you were pushing and shoving to try to be closer to Taylor.

You closed your eyes for a second, trying to breathe how your girlfriend taught you to in situations like this.

When you opened them, Taylor was crouched down, singing a fan favourite song. She was so close to you and a few tears slipped from your eyes.

Noticing your distress, she was ready to come and help you, but you shook your head as you knew she had to finish her show.

Instead, she made a heart with her hands in your direction, mouthing I love you before blowing a kiss to you.

People around you jumped for joy, ecstatic that the Taylor Swift just blew a kiss at them.

Your heart fluttered, that kiss was just for you.