𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕻𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(act i)

BIRTHDAYS AND PRESENTS

'Quid Pro Woe'

After the parent's weekend fiasco and our father getting arrested for murder, things returned to normal for a few days

After the parent's weekend fiasco and our father getting arrested for murder, things returned to normal for a few days. I spent most of my days with Dorian and Xavier painting in Xavier's artist enclave and swaying to the alternations or light jazz and classical numbers from the speaker Dorian set up.

If I wasn't with my boyfriends, I was with Wednesday or Bianca on rare occasions. We had patched it up after father got arrested for the night. We had a lot in common, like the taste in men. She was as vicious as I was when I needed to be; we just clicked. It was good to have someone to talk to who wasn't my sister, a pink hyperactive kid, or my boyfriend.

It was a peaceful few days; Wednesday was still obsessing with the mystery of the monster – not taking a break from her murder boards besides to visit Eugene and have Enid yap to her while she tried writing her mystery novel – she was trying to beat Mary Shelly.

It was calm; the sky was grey, just like I liked. I had taken a nice warm bath while Castamere read poetry to me. Today was the best day on the calendar, the day of my birth. My sister didn't share my views on the day, but that's because she hated attention while I basked in it. We were different like that.

After my amazing bath, I helped her set up for a seance. What is an Addams's birthday without a seance? We, I mean Wednesday, were trying to reach Goody for help with her vision while I just sat there. Enid had come in and disturbed the peace and ghostly ambiance.

We talked before being cut off by a note slid under the door. It was a cut-out message by some mysterious person, telling us they had information about the case.

Wednesday had dragged Enid and me to Crackstone's tomb for some information. This was the worst way to spend my birthday, going on some adventure in the woods. All I wanted was to get my slaves- boyfriends to massage me and maybe starch a particular itch...but no, Wednesday had other plans.

We walked through the dark forest, and birds and crickets were about and were making Enid nervous, and I didn't need a bond with her to know it.

With the sound of branches being snapped, Enid's claws were out, and I sighed, "You wanted to come; just be calm. Fear leads to nothing besides disaster," I told her, looking around for danger. Castamere was surveying my shoulder like the good pet he was.

"Seems like our wannabee deep throat is already here," Wednesday told us, looking at the large stone door that was ajar. I nodded, and we pushed it open slowly and looked around the entry place full of leaves and dead candles.

"Ew. What died?" Enid huffed, clutching her nose with a grimace. Wednesday and I spared each other a glance and told her in sync, "Smells like childhood."