𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖆𝖑 𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖒𝖆

CHAPTER THREE

(act i)

CARNIVAL DRAMA

'Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe'

It was the weekend meaning the Harvest Festival was happening, and attendance was mandatory

It was the weekend meaning the Harvest Festival was happening, and attendance was mandatory. Wednesday had called Tyler, the barista, to drive us to the train so we could leave Nevermore Academy. Both of us had packed a small backpack of clothes and other things. We weren't that prepared, no matter how Wednesday would say we were.

I knew it was going to be a bust, something would happen, or Weems would find out. The sky was tense and ominous. Castemere was flying around the fairgrounds, searching for food he could steal.

Wednesday and I walked into the fairground and looked around at the bright colors and loud noises

"Excuse me, darling. I see a...friend," I told Wednesday, seeing the familiar figure of Dorian. She followed my eyesight and nodded, and walked off.

"Solomon, love, you look ravishing, edible, might I say," he spoke up, looking me up and down appreciatively.

"Thank you, Dorian. You look handsome," I told him as he kissed my hand. I wasn't lying; the black slacks and buttoned-up shirt looked terrific on him, especially since he had folded his sleeves up, putting his arms on display.

"How are you? Still waiting for your visit," he asked, stepping closer to me.

"I'm good. Wednesday and I are leaving tonight, so it seems I can't visit your room no matter how tempted I may be," I told him with slight annoyance. I was tempted, but Wednesday wanted to leave, and I would never leave her alone, no matter how much I wanted to devour the man in front of me.

Dorian visibly slumped when he heard the news. "A pity. I was hoping to wake up in your arms sometime this week." He told me softly, and I couldn't help but swoon slightly.

"I as well. I have to leave. Wednesday wants to leave," I told him, feeling the annoyance through the bond. It didn't help I could feel her eyes on me.

Dorian just nodded, stepped forward, and pressed a chaste kiss against my lips, not letting me kiss him back. He stepped back, nodded at me, and said, "If you ever want to visit, I'll be here" with that, he walked off.