Chapter 3: Entrance Exams

Bold is Japanese

Normal is English

Your POV:

The next three months were like clockwork. I did whatever I wanted during the first half of the day, and then when Izuku came home I would go over and practice speaking with him. I eventually got both his and Ms. Inko's phone numbers in order to call or text them if need be. Unfortunately, that has caused me and Izuku a couple hours of sleep because we stay up late talking.

During the first half of the day, I would usually tinker with my suit. Testing out new components or boosting the power. I asked Izuku if he could bring me home some scraps from the beach, he happily complied, saying that he ran home with the extra weight for more training. That worries me a bit, honestly, he works himself too hard. I find him falling asleep a lot when I come over. He tells me that sometimes he falls asleep in class too. I keep telling him that he should tone it down on the training, but he doesn't listen.

On the days that I don't stay home, I go out around town and go into the shops. I ask for help from store clerks even if I don't need it. I just like to have conversations in full Japanese. I also work out when I'm bored too. A couple times I asked Izuku if I can join him at the beach to test out my modifications. Mr. Yagi was there as well; he seems to have taken a liking to me. His demeanor is less formal and now he just calls me y/n. (All be it I had to convince him that I prefer my first name instead of 'young l/n'.)

My suit is now able to fly up a couple stories, and it can melt through regular steel. It took tons of hours of work, but I'm proud to say that I can use them for the entrance exams.

Eventually, the big day came. I woke up jittery and nervous. I didn't have an appetite, but I knew that I'd need to eat. By the time I left my apartment I was a shaking mess.

I knocked on Izuku's door and Ms. Inko came to the door.

"Hi y/n. Is today a Japanese day or an English day?" She asked.

"A Japanese day Ms. Inko. All though we might stop that after the exams."

"All right dear, I must say you've come a long way since when you first got here. You speak amazingly."

"Thank you, Ms. Inko. Do you know where Izuku is?"

"He told me to tell you that he got called down to the beach early. He'll meet you by the main entrance. He has something to show you."

"Okay, thank you Ms. Inko. I should probably be on my way now."

"Oh, before you go." She pulls me in for a big hug. I stand in shock for a moment, before hugging her back.

"I'm so proud of you dear." She tells me, "I know you'll be great. Be confident, and careful too."

"Thank you, Ms. Inko, for everything." I choke, starting to tear up. "I promise I'll be safe."

I manage to force down my tears; I can't help but try and remember what my mom's hugs were like. They were similar, very similar. I'd like to think that mom sent Ms. Inko to me. I pull away and wish her goodbye again.

On the way to the beach, I start to worry. I double check my bag five times to make sure everything is in there. I start doubting myself, and it takes all my will power to not go back to the apartment. Before I knew it, I was at Takoba beach.

"Y/n!" I hear from in front of the entrance. Izuku is waiting there with Mr. Yagi. Walking up to them, I notice that Izuku is looking a little green.

"Are you ok Izuku?" I ask, worriedly.