9| A particular meowstic

They seem to finally have found the culprit now...

Papillon's POV

A dream.

The answer has shown itself through my dream.

After Mistral's birthday celebration, I had gone to take a nap. While I was sleeping, a strange dream disturbed me.

I dreamed of a meowstic whose name I didn't know. We were in school again, and she had led me away to a secluded corner of the school. Then, she used her telepathic abilities to put Psi inside of me. When I woke up, I was certain that the dream was actually a lost memory.

Mistral and Praxis were playing a board game together when Nahele noticed that I have woken up.

"Hey Papillon, how was your nap?"

"Actually, I think I might know who is behind this mess," I replied, rubbing my head.

"Really? Quick, tell us!" Nahele said, excited.

"I... don't know her name, but she is a meowstic," I replied.

"Who is a meowstic?" asked Praxis, looking up from his game. By the looks of it, Mistral was winning.

"Oh, it's nothing. We're just talking about who might be behind the whole situation." Nahele said casually.

"Oh, ok." Praxis turns back to the board game. After a few turns, he seems to realize what the leafeon just said.

"WAIT WHAT?! You know who it is and didn't tell me?"

Both eeveelutions leapt to their paws, game forgotten. Then, in the rush to get over to where we were sitting, they tripped over one another and ended up in a fluffy pile.

"Awe, the two of you are so cute, but it would be better if you were here to help us figure out the culprit." Nahele teases. Mistral's face turns red, and Praxis...

We can't really tell because he's keeping his expression calm and he has red fur.

Darnet.

"Anyway, Papillon, what were you saying?"

"So, the meowstic was the one who put Psi in me." I continued.

"Who's Psi?" the three of them asked at once.

"My other side." I said simply. "He's the reason for my split personality, and I only have to say that he's getting stronger."

"So, are you trying to say that if we can find the meowstic, then she can help get Psi out?" asked Praxis.

"Exactly. In fact, she's the only one who can do anything about Psi at this point," I replied.

"I remember you saying that a specific espurr had an older sister, a meowstic, that shares a workplace with you." Mistral suggests.

"Alright! We'll go there first," Nahele concludes, excited. Praxis disguised himself as a vaporeon and we set off.

-----------------------------------------------

Melanie was a meowstic who handled all the bills and taxes for the entire company. She was sitting at her desk, shuffling through rolls of paper and folders of important documents. There was also a calculator and a large computer.

"Why hello, what brings you here?" she asks, not bothering to look up.

"It's Papillon, these are my friends: Nahele, Praxis, and Mystie," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you all!" Melanie says with a sweet voice.

"We're not here for casual conversation right now, Melanie. There is something we need to ask you," I said seriously.

"Do you remember something you did while we were back in high school?"

-----------------------------------------------

Melanie POV

Papillon's question echoed in my head.

Such a simple question.

So many things I could say.

I know, exactly what they are looking for. And, for the first time, I gave Papillon what he wanted.

"Ah, you're talking about Psi, right?" I said cooly.

"You do know!" shouts Praxis.

"Melanie, I need you to get Psi out! You're the only one who can." Papillon said hurriedly.

"Then make me,"

The leafeon let out a growl. I could tell she was furious, without even reading her mind.

She was about to pounce, but someone else knocked me over.

It was the glaceon (Mystie?). I was surprised to recognize her.

"Mistral, huh? I heard you had great fun killing the governor!" I taunted.

That seemed to make her angrier. I found myself frozen to the ground. Then, the leafeon tied me up with vines.

I grinned.

"You can do whatever you want to. Ever since we met, Papillon has gotten everything he asked for. Is it wrong for me not to give him something he wants?" I asked.

"Melanie, this isn't something he wants. It's something he needs!" Praxis yelled.

"Need, huh? That's what they all say. How can I know if you mean it?" I shot back.

"Praxis, stop. Let me handle this," Papillon said calmly, putting a paw on the vaporeon's back. Something strange was, that when I tried to read Praxis's mind, all I got was scorching heat and flames, a barrier I couldn't get past.

It was similar when I tried to read Papillon's mind, but his mental barrier was like a shining crystal wall.

I shook my head, clearing out my thoughts, when I realized that I was moving. Papillon was looking at me, his gem glowing brightly and his eyes had a strange twinkle.

"You said I had to force you to do what I want. Very well," Wait... Is he-

The espeon was using two of his psychic powers at the same time! Telekinesis, and telepathy!

He-it's- impossible...

I felt my voice say "Psi, get out,"

I saw the spirit leave...

My mouth was moving against my will! After he was done, the gem stopped glowing, and we all watched as his eyes closed, and he collapsed on the ground in slow motion.

The telekinesis holding me up disappeared as well, but I seemed to fall in fast motion. Vines sprang up from the ground and tied me up.

Praxis held Papillon on his back, Nahele held me with the vines, and Mistral walked beside the vaporeon.

"Now that we have found the culprit, all we have to do is explain the event to the rest of the city." said Nahele.

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the long wait, but here it is! I haven't had much time to write lately, I hope y'all understand.

As always, thanks for reading!