Sometimes, Jay was even more protective than their dad toward Kaya, maybe it's a sibling thing.

"Riki, Riki Nishimura."

"Him? I don't like that boy."

"Why?" Their dad started being interested.

"I don't know, he is friend with Jake. Jake is a playboy so Riki must be one."

She kept eating, anyways it's just a project so Kaya doesn't understand why Jay look so mad about it.

"it's a little bit prejudiced, fine Jake stole your ex girlfriend but that doesn't mean Riki is bad."

Her words pushed boundaries, and she instinctively covered her mouth, attempting to apologize. However, he spoke before she could utter a word.

"You see the good in everyone anyways, so no matter what i can say you don't care."

"Kaya don't talk like that to your brother and Jay stop acting like your sister is a baby, she knows what she does, it's just a school project she doesn't have the choice to do it with that Riki."

With her disease, their dad always took Kaya side more than Jay side, and he's used to that so it's not necessary to say something back.

They all ended that discussion and just ate with a quiet Jay at the table. She knew she hurt him, she didn't mean to.

Jake stole Jay's girlfriend last year. That's exactly why Jay doesn't like Jake and his friends, considering Riki is one of his friend.

In the car for school, the oldest still didn't say a word.

"I'm sorry Jay." She tried to apologize

He didn't reply back, he just kept driving till they're at school.

"I'm really sorry, Jay. I know that situation hurt you I shouldn't have brought it up again."

"It's fine, just go to school and come back safe."

They are siblings, they will never blame themselves forever, they will always have a way to act as if nothing happened.

Her eyes dropped down and she left the car to go to school and meet Mai near the drink dispensers.

"Are you okay Kaya? You look sad."

"I just said something not really cool to my brother."

"Jay will forget about it, he loves you too much and cares about you too much to sulk about you forever."

Mai was right, luckily she always managed to make Kaya feel better.

"Yes that smile is better on your face." she smiled back to her friend.

They both went to class, for the second time, not next to each other. Kaya sat at the same table as yesterday, Riki wasn't there yet.

She took her book and started to read waiting till the class start.

She always dreamt of a love story like the ones she reads in books, where romance unfolds like pages turning. However, reality had its own script, and it was about to surprise her in unexpected ways.

All of sudden, her hair got ruffled by someone.

"Hey mini me." He said pulling the chair to sit next to her after dropping the bag he had on the shoulder.

"Mini you?" She asked to Riki.

"Just because you will never be my height, teeny tiny you are."

Kaya pushed the palm of her hand on Riki's forehead when he looked at her.

"Do you know how long it took me to do my hair?"

"Ew you're so ugly now." He said amused as he watches her tuck her hair back in perfectly as it was before he came and messed it up with his hand.

He took his english book with his pencil when the teacher started the class. Kaya looked at him with a question running through her head.

"Do you want us to be friends Riki?"

"Aren't we already?"

That's the start of a long story, long friendship at first. Since Riki started to tease her she is for him a friend already, he looked back at the board with the the teacher's explanations written on it with a cute smile on his face.

She didn't see his smile, because she was putting back the book she was reading in her bag.

"Meet me at the library after school, Kaya."