mission impossible.

Start from the beginning

"Wait- Why does Chuuya have to show her?! She could find her room herself." Y/n deadpanned at Dazai's words. "... Um actually, I have no clue where it is." The boy shook his head, and started walking out the testing site.

"... Come on, what are you guys waiting for? Let's go."

Chuuya and Y/n glanced at each other, confused. "Uh... Mori said that you were touring me... right?" "Right..."

Nevertheless, Chuuya and Y/n follow Dazai's lead. How does Dazai even know where my room is? It was a thought worth investigating, but due to her exhaustion, Y/n didn't think much of it.

"He's a little weird, don't you think?" Y/n whispered to the ginger, eyeing Dazai. "Oh definitely." Chuuya's voice grew louder. "Dazai's a suicidal maniac, and I hate how he thinks he's right all the time. You think the same, right? Right?!"

Y/n silently looked at Chuuya with a smile plastered on her face. "Chuuya. You might want to tone down, he's literally five feet in front of us..." Chuuya only laughed in response.

"Who cares? He already knows that I'm gonna kill him one day." Y/n hummed in response. "You two must be close."

Both boys immediately turned around and shouted at the same time, "Excuse me?! I am nothing like him!" They glare at each other. Mhm...

Finally reaching the dorms, Dazai stops for a moment. "I'll be waking you guys up at 4:30 a.m. so we can get the mission details from Mori. Got it?" The blood drains from Y/n's face.

"... What time is it currently..?" Dazai checks his phone. "12:34, why do you ask?"

".... I-I better get to bed now, hahaha! See you guys- and wait, why do you have a phone?" Y/n stops in her tracks, curious.

"... Just a present from Mori. Don't worry about it." He slips his phone back into his pocket. "You should be worrying about tomorrow's mission though. I doubt Mori's nice enough to give you something easy."

"Ah- right... Now which room is mine, Chuuya?" Chuuya walks a couple steps down the hall. "This one." He points to a door, with the number "223".

"Thanks... and see you in the morning." Y/n grinned at him, happy to finally retire for the day. Dazai pouts.

"Why aren't you thanking me for leading you to the dorms? Y'know, I'm much more reliable than Chuuya. There's a reason why I'm a Port Mafia executive in the first place!" Chuuya's brows furrowed in anger.

"The reason I'm not an executive yet is because I only just joined seven and three fifths months ago!"

"Yikes- you keep track of that stuff?"

"Shut up! At least I freely make my own decisions, you're just Mori's lapdog!" Dazai stayed quiet.

Chuuya huffed in anger, but patted Y/n shoulder. "Get to bed. See you in the morning..." He then left, walking to his own room.

Y/n looked at Dazai, contemplating whether or not to say anything to him. "... Good night, Dazai. Sweet... sweet dreams..."

Dazai only looked down at the ground in silence. "... Good night to you too." Y/n opened the door to her room, but looked back at Dazai for a moment, just before gently locking the door.

She sighed, wondering if she made the right choice. These boys seem much more impossible than the mission.

The night was peaceful, fully allowing Y/n to get as much rest as possible. That was, until she heard a gunshot, several rooms across from hers, startling her awake. Her door soon quietly opened, revealing a Chuuya.

"... Are you okay?", Y/n asked, looking at him concerned. He was breathing heavily, and glared at the person behind him, who happened to be Dazai.

"Oh, he's doing great! Let's get going now, shall we?" Dazai grinned, awaiting the half-awake girl. "Tik tok.."

"Right- let me get dressed..." The bandaged boy shushed her mouth with his finger, and threw her to Chuuya. "You can carry her since you insist you're stronger. And there's no need to change, I have a feeling Mori's got clothes for us."

"Wha- hey! That's rude, you can't just throw someone like that..." Y/n and Chuuya look at each other exhaustingly, both already tired of Dazai's antics. "And how does he seem to know everything... you were right Chuuya, he's too conceited..."

Dazai turned around to face the two, with a hand to his chest, exaggerating how "hurt" he felt. "Ouch- now that's not nice... after everything I've done for you too?" Y/n and Chuuya rolled their eyes in sync before bursting out in laughter.

"Haha- we're really in sync. We should be the duo. Sister and brother from another mother, even." Chuuya carried her while laughing. "You bet. We'd make a better team than Double Black."

Dazai stared at the two with a frown. Y/n picked up on it, and wiggled out of Chuuya's grip to pat his shoulder. "If you're behaved, we can let you into our team." He scoffed.

In need of provoking him more, Chuuya began talking. "Fine then, if you want to be alone, then just say so. This is why you're so-", the ginger had bumped into the one and only, Port Mafia boss.

"M-Mori!" He squeaked, shrinking even shorter than he already was. "A-as you can see, we've arrived sir, and we're here f-for the mission details..." He clung on tightly to his hat.

"Ah yes, mission- I nearly forgot due to how long I've been waiting for you three..." The doctor gazed upon them passive aggressively.

Taking out his clipboard, he read aloud:

"You will be responsible for infiltrating a Masquerade Ball, hosted by the CEO of this specific brand of nuclear weapons, known as Nu-Cleanse. This vermin has a son around the same age as you guys, sixteen. The ultimate goal is to kidnap the CEO, and the deadline will be tomorrow night. The Masquerade Ball starts tonight."

Handing out some files to Dazai, Mori continued talking.

"Any more additional information should be in those papers. And for the ball... you all will need something much more suitable to wear than those rubbish..." He pulled out some of Elise's dresses.

"I doubt this will fit you... if only you were three years younger, how wonderful you would've looked in this..." he trailed off, earning a few odd looks from Y/n and Chuuya. "First task: find some clothes before the Masquerade starts tonight. You can do that, right?"

The three looked up at him in determination.

"Yes sir."

Mori relaxes into his seat, with a soft smile on his face, allowing them to take their leave.

"... I'm hoping for stellar results, L/n Y/n..."

A/N:
When I planned out my storyboard I never mentioned a mission... but I need a reason for Dazai and Y/n to connect 😢 so bear with me. This might be one of my least favorite arcs/chapters since I didn't plan out this mission beforehand. Oh well- the things I do for the story... haha, and another little Easter egg is that your room number 223 is actually my birthday, February 23. Not important but just a fun little detail.