𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

   THE EARLY MORNING SUN BEGINS TO GLEAM over the horizon; hues of organe and yellow glowing over the Kingdom of Azov. The people of Azov begin to awaken, some opening their shops, restaurants and pubs, others for a long day of school.

    As the people of Azov are begining to wake, one person has already been awake for some time. The princess is sat on her blacony, sketching out the beautiful scenery set before her on a page in her journal. Munghwa has always enjoyed drawing and painting...she found it relaxing, it cleared her mind when there was a lot going on.

    The pencil in her hand continues to glide across the page, until knock echo's through her room. Myunghwa's hand stops moving as she turns her head to look at the doors; soon enough they open revealing Myunghwa's personal maid...Siyeon

    When Siyeon's line of gaze meets the princesses, she breaths out a sigh "Your Highness..." Siyeon spoke, stepping out on the balcony "What are you already doing up?" Myunghwa turns back to her journal "I got inspired." She answers, her begining to move across the page again. A chuckle leaves from the maids mouth, being very familiar with Myunghwa's antics; when inspiration struck the princess would rush to grab her journal before it had a chance to leave.

    "Well when you're finished you should get ready for the day, I've heard your father has something to dicuss with you." Siyeon says, the princess hums in reasponse. Soon enough Myunghwa is once again alone on the blacony as she continues to finish up the sketch.

    Once the sun is above the horizon, Myunghwa finishes up the final touches of her sketch before closing her journal and stepping back inside her chambers to get ready for the day. Maids are already waiting when she steps back inside (one of them being Siyeon), the other two bow before Siyeon starts to speak. "Since you're already awake, I don't have to go through the trouble of dragging you out of bed." She comments, the two other maids hold back their laughs. Myunghwa rolls her eyes "Haha, so funny." She says sarcastiacally, setting her journal atop her desk, that had other art suppiles atop it.

    Myunghwa's eyes then land on a cream colored gown, with flowers embroided at the bottom of the skirt and on the bodice. Her mind then goes back to what Siyeon had eluded to ealier "What is it that father wanted to discuss with me." She asks her personal maid (the other two begining to get her out of her sleepwear), Siyeon shrugs "I'm not exactly sure..." She sighs "but I think it has something to do with you turning twenty soon." Myunghwa 's smile falters and her heart sinks to her stomach.

    Twenty...the dreaded age where female royalty -or of any high title- would be sold into marriage with a man they've never met, for nothing more than benefits between the two kingdoms -or familes-. Munghwa hated the tradition with every fiber of her being. If everbody else on this planet was given free will...why couldn't she choose who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with...why couldn't she feel the joy of falling in love.

   The princess remained completely silent as Siyeon and the other two maids continued with getting her ready for the day; Styling her hair in loose curls and keeping the makeup minimum. Myunghwa was enraged that this was happening...but she couldn't help but wonder who she was going to marry; Wondering if he was kind..or maybe even a jerk. But all of those thoughts are ceased, when Siyeon's voice cuts through them. "Your parents are already waiting in the dining hall." She spoke, Myunghwa nods, giving her a tight lipped smile.

    When the princess enters  the dining hall, she is met with her parents and younger sister -Sunhee- sitting at the table, indulging in conversation as they waited for breakfast to be served. "Good morning." Myunghwa spoke. Their conversation ceases as their gazes turn to her; A smile grazes Queen Soojung's lips "Good morning, Myunghwa. How did you sleep?" The princess breathes out a sigh, taking her seat beside Sunhee "I slept good." She answered as servers began bringing out breakfast.

    The conversation continued between the four of them, filled with wide smiles and contagious...well that is until King Minwoo began talking "You do realize that you are turning twenty soon, Munghwa." The once wide smile that had adorned her lips, falters at her fathers words. She presses her lips together and nods "Well...me and the King of Nysa have arranged for you to marry his eldest sone next month." Even though Myunghwa knew this was happening, her heart drops nonethelss and her chest tightens.

   A lump forms in her throat, at the thought of marrying a man only for Kingdom benefits and nothing more. Myunghwa has the intense urge to shout and curse at her father...but she doesn't, she bites her tougue and clenches her into fists, her nails most deffinitley making imprints into her palms. She swallows the growing lump "Yes, father." She says, selling away her chance of falling in love and her free will.

_________________________________________________

    Ummm...So hi, its been a while since the last time I published anything and your girl is back with another Ateez Royalty AU...but I swear this is the last one. The next Ateez fanfic have plans on publishing, is a Wooyoung College AU, so that'll be fun. Anyway in more excited news (relating to my personal life), I graduated!!! Yay, finally I am free for the prison, also know as school; So this means I should be a bit more active on here. And I do plan on finishing Heir, but I just wanted to post the first chapter to Runaway, because I love this fanfic with all of my heart and really enjoyed writing San and Myunghwa's story. Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this first chapter to Runaway and look forward to future chapters. Have a wonderful day/night<3