Chapter 16

"Come on, angel," Dazai whined as he kept a grasp on the assassin. "You don't have to go just yet."

"Mori gave me a job, Osa. I have to go," Sayuri replied, trying to wriggle out of Dazai's arms.

"Ten more minutes. Then you can go." Dazai gave her a pleading look.

Sayuri let out a sigh before allowing Dazai to keep her locked against him under the covers.

The two were still tangled up in her bed, half clothed from the previous night.

Dazai nuzzled his nose into Sayu's neck, the corners of his lips pulled upwards a bit. He pressed a kiss to the skin of her neck, allowing himself to be immersed in her scent and her calming aura.

Sayu's fingers dragged through Dazai's hair slowly, smiling as she let him indulge. She never imagined that her friendship with Dazai would become so casually sexual, but she kinda loved it. To her, this was the closest to a relationship she would ever have with Dazai.

"God, you are so addictive," Dazai murmured, drawing her from her thoughts. "Such a beautiful flower, but a deadly poison. My beautiful belladonna."

She hummed softly, pressing a kiss to his head. He lifted his head to look up at her kissing her lips that had fallen into a relaxed smile.

"As much as I would love to stay here all day and kiss you, I do have to go to work now," Sayuri murmured after a moment.

Dazai whined, burying his face in her chest. "But why? Wouldn't you rather stay here with me? We could-"

"Listen, I would love that, but my brother's room is right next door, and technically this is Zoe's room, too, now. Do you really want either one of them walking in on us?" Sayuri questioned as she shoved him off.

"Well, I wouldn't be all that worried if Zoe walked in," Dazai admitted, finally letting Sayuri get up to get ready for the job she had.

"You're a weirdo," she mumbled with a shake of her head.

Dazai watched as she went over to her closet, grabbing a black skin tight halter top, black leggings and a leather jacket. He sat up in her bed, his eyes never leaving her body as she covered up.

"Maybe you could come over to my place later," Dazai spoke slowly, his eyes still locked on her waist.

"My God, Osa. Two nights in a row?" Sayuri teased as he grinned at him.

"You had me begging last night, so are you surprised? I don't wanna hear it," Dazai shot back. "But that's not really what I meant. I just like holding you. It makes it easier to fall asleep."

Sayuri hummed and walked over to her bed, picking Dazai's shirt up off the floor. "I think I can make it."

"I don't know when I'll be home though. Odasaku and I are going drinking tonight. He said he wanted to talk to me about something," he replied as he caught his shirt that was tossed to him.

"Alright. I'll see ya later then," Sayuri said with a small smile.

She walked out the door and Dazai fell backwards onto her bed. God, that woman had him desperate for her touch.

He had never felt such a gentle force in his life. Each time her fingertips met his skin, it felt like his skin was warm. Her touch was the one thing that kept him grounded.

The one thing that made him feel like he was actually alive.