"Not 'maybe', Go – she's your friend," he corrected. I smiled and nodded.

"Alright – I'll ask her," I conceded. His smile grew and he kissed me softly, making me melt. I loved his touch, soft and sweet like it always was. I pulled back. "What color do you think I should wear?"

His grin turned wicked, and he sat over me, pressing my back into the seat cushions.

"I don't care, as long as it's easy to get off," he flirted, his lips close to mine. I felt my face flush and tried to play it cool.

"You're a menace," I croaked. He grinned and kissed me hard, gripping my thigh hard and making me feel electric. He immediately moved down my neck, making my brain foggy. "I guess you feel better."

"I have an excellent nurse," he whispered as he pressed his lips to my ear, making me shudder. I pulled him back to my lips and melted into his touch. We got lost in one another, kissing each other frantically and our hands all over to each other.

Eddie suddenly pulled back, almost shocking my system. His face was pale, and he sat up, unsteady. I sat up with him.

"You okay?" I asked, setting a hand on his back. He smiled weakly and stood.

"I'll be right back," he squeaked as he stood and raced away. I watched him, confused, until I heard a door slam and retching sounds. I smiled at the sound of my pitiful boyfriend. I got up and went to the bathroom, knocking softly.

"How are you doing?" I called, leaning against the door. He retched again and I felt terrible for him.

"I'll be fine, just give me a minute," he replied. I smiled, knowing that he was struggling. 

"Let me in, Eddie," I said, knocking again.

"Absolutely not," he answered. I sighed.

"Okay, I'm getting you water and another compress – you better let me in when I come back," I ordered. He responded by retching again and I padded towards the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

I floated around the kitchen, gathering supplies for him, over the moon that I was the one who was able to make him feel better. I was ready to head back to take care of him when the doorbell rang. I froze, wondering if I could ignore it. It rang again and I groaned as I set my supplies onto the counter. I got to the front door, swinging it open. I sighed and leaned against the door frame.

"You sure like showing up and trying to catch me off guard," I said. Jason shrugged and crossed his arms.

"Gives you less time to prepare," he quipped. We sat in silence for a beat, and he pointed at me. "I guess you two really are together."

I looked down – I was wearing Eddie's Metallica shirt and the sweatpants he had brought with him to stay with me. I looked back up at Jason and nodded.

"Yeah, we really are – I'm taking him to the dance," I answered. He nodded tersely.

"I'm really having a hard time understanding how this happened," he finally admitted. "I know you told me last night, but I was drunk, and I guess part of me didn't believe it."

"I told you how – he and I were partners, realized we liked each other, and now we're together," I replied. His brows furrowed.

"Margot – you told me you'd never date a guy like him," he insisted. I shook my head.

"I was wrong," I said. He sighed.

"He's a freak, Margot."

---

I had my face pressed against the toilet seat, feeling a little better after throwing up. I was desperate to get rid of all the poison in me so I could lay around with Margot again, especially after how well she had taken care of me all morning. She was so gentle and sweet with me, making sure I was okay.

I took a deep breath and sat up, seeing if I was any less nauseous. I was relieved when I was steady and stood, crossing to the sink to rinse my mouth out. I took another deep breath and slowly made my way out of the bathroom. I got out into the hallway and was about to call out to Margot. I stopped when I heard voices. I slowly padded towards the front door, listening closely.

"I can't believe you would say that," Margot snapped. I furrowed my brows, confused until I heard the other voice.

"I can't believe you would date someone like him," Jason responded. I felt my stomach drop – the other shoe was dropping. I felt an overwhelming sense of deja vu and panicked that it would be a repeat of a couple weeks ago.

"God, you sound like Chrissy – I like Eddie. I like dating him," she hissed. I smiled at her defense of me.

"He's nothing like any of the guys that I've been trying to set you up with for the last year!" he snarked. She groaned.

"Jason – I don't care! I like Eddie because of who he is. I love you and our friendship, but I'm done defending this. You're making me feel like a criminal for liking the guy I'm dating," she said, her tone one of finality. He scoffed. Before he could start in on her again, I went to the front door, standing behind Margot and setting a hand on her waist.

Jason's eyes flashed and he scowled at me. Margot looked up at me, leaning back into my chest and grinning at me.

"Feeling better, Sir Tiebaut?" she asked. I nodded and kissed her forehead. She looked back at Jason. I was surprised by how confident she was now, so sure in our relationship. She had meant it when she said no more sneaking around.

"Margot—"

"Jace – please," she pleaded. His expression softened. "I'm happy."

He watched her and shook his head.

"I don't know who you are anymore," he snapped. I felt her wince in my arms and wanted to hit him for making her feel bad. He glared at the two of us before turning and stalking off to his car. We watched him pull away from her house. She sighed and leaned farther into my chest, wrapping my arms around her tighter. I kissed the top of her head, swaying with her in my arms.

"I don't ever want to make you feel how I used to make you feel," she said abruptly. I smiled into her hair and took a deep breath.

"I know," I said. She traced my forearms softly. I knew I had to validate her. "Thank you for defending us."

She let out a shuddering breath – I could tell she had been worried about this. I kissed her head again. I closed the door and pulled her inside, guiding her back to the living room. She watched me, confused, as I set her on the couch. She relaxed into me as I placed her head on my lap, smiling as I stroked her hair.

"Do you feel okay?" she asked. I nodded.

"Do you?" I replied. Her face twisted and she glanced away. I hooked a finger under her chin and pulled her back to me. I watched her, concerned.

"I like who I am now. I like who I am with you. It makes me sad that they don't get it," she said quietly. I felt my heart break and pulled her up, wrapping her tightly to me. She took in another deep breath, and she sniffled. I kissed her temple.

"I'm sorry, Go," I whispered. She shook her head and looked up at me, her eyes puffy.

"No, Eddie – I'm not upset at you or because of you," she replied. "I just...it's just something I need to come to terms with."

I watched her before kissing her softly. She leaned farther into me. I knew she was trying to make herself feel better, so I held her as tight as I could. She sighed again and nuzzled her head under my chin, sniffling again.

We stayed like that for a while, entangled with one another and as close together as we could be. I was glad that I was able to make her feel better and take care of her, just like she had taken care of me all morning.

But I had to figure out how to help her with her friends.