Angel's Shot

Off stared into space while sitting on one of the round cushioned seats at the alcohol bar counter. His arm felt something cold, he looked down frightened, then his face turned confused once he saw a glass of whiskey-like cocktail in front of him.

"Thought you're feeling a bit down."

Off looked up and turned towards where he heard the voice. And his gaze locked onto the only bartender in his sight, who was busily making mixed drinks for the people who came for the party, not looking at him. Off murmured as he picked up the glass and drank a small sip: "Must be something wrong with my ears."

"You heard me crystal clear."

Off looked up so fast he cracked his neck. Massaging his nape, he adverted his eyes to the young bartender standing before him. Off was startled, "How did you-?"

"Try not to stress out, hyung. It does no good for an old man like you. Now, tell me. What is spinning around in your head on this wondrous night?"

Off raised a brow and asked the young bartender: "I don't even know you. Why should I tell you my problems?"

The young bartender sighed as he shook his head, "It's part of my job as a bartender. Listening to customers' problems and distress is my job too. If they want advice, I can give it to them. My name is BamBam by the way."

(P

(P.S: In this story, BamBam is still a member of Got7 and is helping his friend's colleague take over the work for a few days.)

Off was reluctant to say his worries, but it might help him relax. Just a little. "Alright fine. But, I don't need your advice." The bartender winked at the older man: "Yeah yeah, whatever you say hyung." Off ignored the younger's playfulness. "You see, it's about my boyfriend." The bartender, BamBam nodded his head and motioned the older to continue.

"I think he has suffered something he doesn't want me to acknowledge. I don't know what he has experienced. Before he was used to being with me, he would act all jittery and nervous no matter what. As if I remind him of something. Or someone he doesn't want to remember. I had tried asking him about his story, and he did tell me, but when I asked about his past, he kept quiet and was near to tears. I promised him I wouldn't ask him about anything about his past after that." 

Silence(except for the blaring, heart-pumpin' Seoul remixes and the exciting cheerings of an encore for Fiat and Oaujun)filled in before BamBam shrugged and said: "Give him a bit more time. If your boyfriend still wants to talk about the past, don't ask." 

Off didn't say anything. He hadn't thought about asking Gun's friends about him, he should ask them after the party. Regarding if they haven't gotten themselves drunk yet. A glass of the same alcohol slid towards him, interrupting his train of thought. Off looked up at BamBam, who smiled sadly before walking away: "It's alright, I know how you feel. I may be working to listen to people's sorrows, but I also have a lot of emotional trouble bothering me. Hope that you have a great day, hyung." 

***

[Meanwhile, on the other side..]

"Gun, what are you doing? Get down from there!" New shouted as loud as he could at the youngster, dancing sensually against a shiny pole in the middle of a pink-shaded platform. 

Gun, face red from the whiskey,  winked flirtatiously at some males drooling over him

Gun, face red from the whiskey,  winked flirtatiously at some males drooling over him. He turned to his best friend, smiling drunkenly, "Come on, let Gun have fun. It's just a bit of alcohol *Hic*" New face palmed himself, "Off's gonna murder me once he sees you in this state." 

"Murder? *Hic* Oh relax, dar -*hic*- ling. No one's gonna kill you once they taste Gun's death fist!" The younger slurred as he punched the air weakly. New sighed and couldn't help but chuckle at Gun talking in third-person view. 

New helped his friend to a nearby table and made him sit on one of the wooden chairs. 

"I'm going to get you some water. You. Stay. Right. Here. Never move your place. Got that, Atthaphan?" "Don't worry, Newwie. Gun will stay here. Gun's a good boy," the younger pointed to himself, and then his head slumped onto the wooden table with a thump. 

When New hurriedly went to get the glass of water, he accidentally bumped into someone and apologized without looking at who it was. That someone looked at New walking away, and then his gaze followed to where New had come from. A familiar person is what he sees, with a baby face and slim body of a woman, slumped on the table with a drunk expression and grabby hands reaching towards a glass bottle of alcohol someone had left behind. 

Gun looked up when he heard someone approaching him and thought his friend had come back. "What took you so damn long, N-" When he took a good look at the person, his annoyance turned to fear.

"Nice to see you here, Gun Atthaphan."

"O-Oab?"