iv. gaara x hotaru (fic oc x cc)

Here is my Naruto oc Hotaru with Gaara! This is during Shippūden/the end of Shippūden and was never written out into fic form yet. I changed her design a bit compared to how it looked during the first part of the story (ofc I would bc everyone's design changes, even slightly lol).

Was thinking of redesigning her in the first part as well, but mostly just the hair and removing the lines under her eyes.

I've kept my dA link watermark as this was how I had originally posted it; sadly I have seen this drawing posted on other sites with the watermark cropped out but there's nothing I could really do about it at that point. My dA has been deactivated as well.

This was pretty much the main ship in the fic (and I think my other oc gets with Temari iirc, but that was also not written yet)

This was pretty much the main ship in the fic (and I think my other oc gets with Temari iirc, but that was also not written yet). Hotaru took an interest to Gaara as she felt that he was familiar to her in ways she didn't understand because she had amnesia (cue telenovela music), which, according to the Sand Village's finest doctors™, was caused by an extremely traumatic event in her childhood (id say closer to her babyhood or toddlerhood).

Also, Gaara + Hotaru = GaAru lol, just wanted a ship name for them. ◠‿◠

The fic has been unpublished though since I haven't touched it in years & it's been on hiatus since I started focusing on my Tokyo Ghoul fic.

I remember consulting the mods in the Naruto wiki site for help to write lol, especially a few fight scenes between her and Gaara (idk if anyone would remember it 💀). An old friend of mine on here helped me a lot with Hotaru's backstory too (they're inactive now but i still feel indebted to them).

Fun fact, Hotaru's original name was Saomi 😩 it doesn't mean anything and was totally made up so I felt the need to change it. Besides, I think Hotaru suits her much more.