Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Ysa, you can't please everyone. There are some choices you have to take for your own satisfaction and not everyone will agree nor understand you."

"I know that.if I can't make everyone happy, so are my loved ones. I can't keep failing them like this. Yeah sure, Allison is happy for me and my decision but I know deep inside she's leaning on me. I can sense her disappointment,Jinro. I'm selfish for not thinking it may affect her. Damn,why didn't I think of it before I decide." I frustratedly roll in bed.

"Okay, that's enough. Allison is not mad nor disappointed with you. Although she may be a little sad, she wants to be happy for you, And you should too. it's just like you said last night. You are together for 9 years, Maybe it's time for you to give space to each other?" He said. I sighed and nodded.

"Maybe I was relying on her too much,huh? You're right. Thanks,Jinro." I kissed his cheeks and went back to bed. I greeted him goodnight and sleep with no worries in mind.

The next morning I woke up with the sound of someone banging my bedroom door. The banging stops and I heard my sister's voice shouting outside.

"YSA! WAKE UP ALREADY! WE'LL BE LATE FOR THE YOU KNOW WHAT!" Marinette is hyper in the morning while I feel gloomy and dark. I think that's one of the many differences she and I had, the reason why no one will believe us when we tell them we're twins.

"I'm up! Sheesh! No need to be excited!" I shout back,then I got up and went inside the bathroom to take a shower.

I wore my fusia pink neko t-shirt with a word 'keep the faith' written below the cat print. I'm tired of wearing jeans today so I wore my gray silk skirt with chains hanging through the side and pair it with my black heeled pumps. I got my painter black hat and my chain shoulder pouch, sprayed a little of my perfume then I'm off to go. I watch my reflection in the mirror before going downstairs and I might say, I'm really born for this.

"Glad you wore bright color today,Ysa. Your fashion sense is really over the top!" Jinro commented and I winked at him before putting the power up necklace that Master Fu gave me along with Jinro's miraculous choker.woah! Didn't think it could make a really great fashion accessory. I just hope it will end up well for all of us. I went downstairs to see Marinette sitting in the kitchen with our parents.

"Breakfast is ready,your highness!" Marinette teased and I just roll my eyes at her.

"You're really a model,dear. Look at the way you dress. It's magnifique." Mom said and dad nodded with what she said. I thanked them both then sat down beside Marinette.

After breakfast Marinette and I decided to meet up with the others in the park. I wore my facemask and dark shades while we walked hand in hand.

"Did you tell them I'm coming?" I asked nervously.

"Nope. We'll surprise them." She laughed and I just shook my head.

We were walking for about 5 minutes when I saw the park gate. She told me to hide behind the tree so that they can't see me and ruin the surprise. And I did, I hid behind the tree near to where Luka,Juleka,Rose,Kim,Alix,Ivan,Mylene,Max,Nathaniel,Nino,and Ayla are standing. It's not surprising that Chloe and Sabrina are not present. From here I can hear what they were talking about clearly.

"So everybody here?" My sister asked them.

"Chloe and Sabrina said they'll go ahead and help with the food and drinks." Rose said. Ah, so that's why they're not here.

"Okay, so the venue's at Luka and Juleka's boat house?" Marinette asked again.

"Yep! We figured out it'll be spacious for all of us,plus! We will not be disturbed by any adults and we can have all the fun we want." Nino answered.