Chapter 19: You'll always be a dumb blonde.

Start from the beginning

I think she would really help me in my transition into Nevermore. Cause I sure as hell know I'm going to need it.

"Thank you so much! And things are going amazing, although I do wish I had a roommate..."

She looks at me with soft eyes, "As soon as we get another new student, I will make sure to assign them here! That is if they are a girl, no boys allowed in Ophelia hall! Which brings me to the rules and all that boring nonsense."

I'm starting to think I've been surrounded by assholes all of my life seeing how nice Ms. Thornhill is. Perhaps there is still hope for good people in this world. Maybe I've finally been dealt a good hand and will after all these years have someone that actually cares for me and my well being. Not just if I've wolfed out or not yet.

"Alright so you know the no boys rule, you also can't play very loud music as the walls are rather thin, no pulling pranks in the others dorms. We had one girl set up a paint dump and got bright yellow paint all over the floor which we are still trying to clean up to this day. Anyways the last rule is no sneaking into the other girls dorms late at night unless it's the weekend."

She smiles once more and hands me the flower, "That should be all. If you need anything and I mean anything at all my office is right down the hall on the right. Lights out in twenty minutes."

"Thank you again for the flower!" I say as I set it on my dresser.

"No problem, sweet dreams Enid!"

'Sweet dreams' played over and over in my head. No one's ever said that to me before. It felt...nice.
_____

Over the past couple of months I've talked a lot more with Ms. Thornhill well rather Marylyn as I call her now. She's really a fascinating person! Like she's traveled over seas to study abroad and everything!

I almost see her as a second mother now. Everytime one of the werewolf kids make fun of me for not being able to wolf out, she gives them detention and has a talk with them on bullying. Afterwords she always brings me some ice cream or cake to cheer me up.

I've opened up to her about my family and all the camps I went to. She never judged me for crying or for not sticking up for myself. Matter a fact, she just never judged me at all. Not even when I told her about the girl I kissed in 8th grade.

She just sat and listened to me, comforting me when I needed it. I can always count on Marylyn. We had this motherly daughterly bond that I had never had before. I'd do anything for her and she'd do anything for me.

I walked into her office like typically would after classes. This time I was a bit surprised. There was this boy with short curly dirty blonde hair sitting where I always sit. A bit of jealousy ate at my chest for a few moments before I brushed it off.

"Oh hello sweet girl, this is Tyler. He's in need of a friend and I figured you'd be the perfect person! You two are similar in a lot of ways and like some of the same things. Like marvel for instance."

I do not like this kid. There's something about him that just doesn't sit right with me, but if it makes Marylyn happy then I'll suck it up and be friends with this kid. I already have two friends, Yoko and Divina but they are dating so sometimes I'm a bit of a third wheel. Maybe it could be nice to have a guy friend. Who knows.

______
Present day:

"Surprisingly Tyler and I hit it off pretty well. After only a month of knowing each other, we viewed each other as like siblings. We bonded a lot over our traumas and love for cartoons and Marvel. I'm surprised that I actually got along so well with him. He didn't seem like the kind of guy I'd want to be around." I said to Wednesday as she looked at me making sure she listened to every word I spoke.