“Make Victor and Macon leave and then we can talk. If you don’t, I’m walking away from here.”

“You aren’t going anywhere,” Caine threatened.

I noticed that his eyes were focused on the hold Liam had on my hand.

“Leave,” I said, turning to look at Victor and Macon. “For all intents and purposes, I am still your Luna, at least for now.”

Caine was at my side as soon as I said those words.

“You’re mine!”

“Make them leave,” I replied.

His dark eyes were staring intently into mine. The way he was looking down at me— I almost felt like cowering back. He exuded so much power. He was tall and strong, standing in front of me, challenging me. He really was a dominant Alpha.

“Leave us!” Caine ordered.

It was obvious who his command had been directed to. Victor did not look happy to be going, but he had to do as Caine ordered.

The power of the Alpha. Now if only they had more respect towards their Luna, I thought to myself.

“I want to leave,” Liam said, and he tried moving us away from Caine.

Caine grabbed my arm and pulled me back. It felt like they were playing tug-a-war with me and I was their stupid rope.

“Enough!” I yelled, and I was glad my words did their intended purpose.

Both Caine and Liam went still.

“You lied to me,” Caine accused.

“I lied but it’s not as bad as you think.”

“You spent all night in bed with him!”

Sleeping and you should know that,” I said, giving him a flat look.

Caine narrowed his eyes at me, but didn’t say anything else. He knew I was right. He was a Wolf and had enhanced hearing. I was betting he had been listening in all night to check on me.

“Let me talk to him alone,” I told Liam.

Liam growled at my words and shook his head.

“Caine is a psychopath. I’m not leaving you here with him.”

Caine tried to attack Liam when he said that, but I quickly stood in between the two of them. They were both squishing me. Caine and Liam were too busy staring each other off to notice they were suffocating me. Since they were both a deal taller, I felt even smaller being stuck in between the two.

“Stop!” I snapped, and I pushed on Caine’s chest to get him to back off.

He reluctantly took a step back, but he grabbed both of my wrists and brought me with him. Liam didn’t take his actions to kindly. He grabbed my shoulders and tried to get me back to his side. Once again I found myself getting pulled by both of them.

“Human here,” I commented, because neither of them noticed that the strength they were using on me was too much.

“Explain then,” Caine ordered.

“You don’t have to explain anything to him,” Liam countered.

“Then she’s guilty.”

“If that’s what you think, then maybe we should leave. Come on, Charlie,” Liam said, holding out his hand for me.

“You aren’t going anywhere with my mate,” Caine said, in a low dangerous voice.

It looked like he was ready to go another round with Liam.