☆ ☆ ☆

I and Alex sat nervously in the courtroom, waiting for the judge's verdict.

As the judge entered the room, the tension in the air was palpable. I straightened and Alex too sat up straight, our eyes fixed on the judge as he began to speak.

"Based on the evidence presented, I find that there is not sufficient proof to convict the defendants of the charges against them," the judge said, his voice clear and authoritative. "Therefore, I declare the defendants innocent of all charges."

As we walked out of the courtroom, our friends and Natalie with Ethan surrounded us, hugging the two of us tightly and congratulating us on our victory. I glanced at Alex as he looked at me. And I immediately knew how he felt. Both of us felt a sense of pride and relief, knowing that we had been cleared of any wrongdoing.

"Okay okay, enough of emotions! Let's celebrate!" Dom enthusiastically shouts with a big toothy grin.

Alex gives him deadpan look. "What do you want to celebrate?"

"He wants to celebrate every single small thing," Cheryl informs.

Dom rolls his eyes. "This is definitely not small!"

"I think this has the right to be celebrated." Natalie smiles and throws her arms over my and Alex's shoulders. "I made a special dinner for us all."

Ethan awkwardly coughs to get our attention. "I did a dessert."

Natalie nods. "Yes honey, you did very well." She praises which earns her a dark look from Ethan.

Kane clears his throat undoubtedly uncomfortable by his parent's little exchange. "We should go then." He puts his hand on the small of my back and slightly pushes me to walk with him.

As we arrived at Kane's house, I could smell the delicious aroma of freshly cooked food wafting through the air.

We settled down in the cozy living room, with drinks in hand and the table set up with an array of delectable dishes.

Amidst laughter and clinking glasses, I could feel Kane randomly brushing his finger over my leg or waist while changing his seat position or stretching out his hand to grab his glass or food.

As the night wore on, we moved outside to the spacious backyard. The twinkling fairy lights and the warm glow of the fire pit created a magical ambiance. We sat around the fire, sharing stories and making memories that we would cherish for years to come.

As the evening drew to a close, Cheryl and Dom decided to go home. We hugged and said our goodbyes.
During the departure of Cheryl and Dom Lili came running into the backyard. She came home from her friend's house.

I feel a subtle tap on my shoulder. I raise my head and notice Kane standing over me. He hands me his hoodie and says, "It's getting a little bit cold."

I smile and take it from him while mumbling a 'thank you'. I pull it over my head. He sits down in his usual spot.

"Darling if you want to go home, please say so, Kane will ride you home," Natalie assures me.

I give her a small smile and check the time. "If you are okay with it, I would like to stay for a little bit more."

She gives me a firm nod. "Of course darling. Stay as long as you want. You could possibly sleep over but I don't know if your parents would be okay with that."

I pull the hoodie a bit lower to cover a small part of my thighs too. "Yeah, I don't know either..." I mutter.

We continue to chat about random things.

"I'm going to sleep." Lili stands up and gives both of her parents a peck on their cheek with a soft 'goodnight'. When she turns to her brothers she gives them a secret middle finger then giggles and waves at them. That earns her an unimpressed look from Kane and a disappointed almost parent-like look from Alex. When she goes around me she gives me a quick hug around my neck. I pat her on her back. She pulls away and runs inside the house.

Alex is looking at his phone. "The match just began. I'm going to watch it." He stands up but alongside with him stands up Ethan.

"I will join you, son."

Both of them make their way inside the house to the living room.

"I will go clean up the table," Natalie says.

"I can help." I go to stand up but she puts her palm on my left shoulder.

"Oh no, darling. That's alright." She gives me a wink and goes inside the house.

I look over to Kane who is shaking his head. I smile. "I like them."

He grins and meets my eyes. "The feelings are mutual."

I grin.

Our conversation was light and playful, but as the stars began showing, our words grew softer, and I could be imagining this but... Our gazes lingered a little longer.

Without saying a word, he took my hand in his. I felt a jolt of electricity run through my body at the touch, and he must have felt my fingers twitch in his grip. As he gazed into my eyes, I felt my heart racing.

"Sienna..." He sounded breathless, pained almost.

He leaned in, his lips hovering just inches away from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my skin, and my heart pounded in my chest. The anticipation was almost too much to bear, but I couldn't look away.

I felt my eyes slowly closing on their own accord. I leaned closer.

"GOAL!! WOOHOOO!!"

I jumped at the sudden shouting and opened my eyes. Kane sighed and pulled away.

Fuck.

___________________________________________
A.N.:

DO NOT KILL ME

Also, I hate this chapter 😭 idk it's weird and random but also needed? IDK IT'S LATE FOR ME TO THINK PROPERLY.

...

U better VOTE for something more in the next chapter...🤭😏

Notice meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें