Suhyuk was pushing the stretcher carrying a patient fast. 

On the other side Prof. Han was running along.

Soon they arrived at the resuscitation unit, with IV and blood packs hung over the patient's body. 

The examination was done quickly.

X-ray viewer was installed, and the CT appeared on the monitor. 

Han Myungjin let out a long breath.

The patient's belly was overflowing with blood.

Han saw such a heavily injured patient for the first time in a long time.

Not only his organs, but also his nerves must have been damaged. 

Fortunately his skull was not damaged at all.

"Looks like it's going to be tough."

Han murmured before he knew it. Then came a voice out of the blue.

It was Suhyuk who had been looking down at the patient quietly.

He said, "We never know sir, until we try."

Han, looking at the monitor, nodded his head slowly. How can a novice doctor dare speak like that?

Han could have felt offended, but he was different from other doctors.

"You're right."

They had no choice but to pint their hope on the fact that the patient was a young man.

Under the direction of Han, the medical staff moved the patient to the operating  room.

Like them Suhyuk moved to disinfect himself. 

He rubbed his fingers and forearms with a disinfection brush. He rubbed so hard that those next to him were even worried. Closing his eyes, Suhyuk recalled the guy's mother.

"The patient, no, your son was severely injured. Surgery can be dangerous, but do you want us to go ahead with it?"

Tears kept coming down from the patient's guardian's face at Suhyuk's cautious suggestion.

Obviously he needed to have surgery, but the doctor's tone was unusual.

Suddenly she broke into tears. Falling on her knees, she held Suhyuk's gown.

At her tight holding, he could feel how desperate she was.

"Please save my son! Please...If you could save my son, I would never forget your help even if I die. I would give you all the money I have got. Please save my son, Jinsu. Boohoo…"

Suhyuk also went down on one knee. 

"Please sign this form. We can do surgery only with the guardian's consent."

Suhyuk pulled out the pen from his gown, and gave it to her. The pen was Hana's gift.

She held it with a trembling hand.

"Please help my son live a little longer, doctor! Please…"

After he got her consent, Suhyuk lifted her up, and said in a clear voice,

"My name is Lee Suhyuk. I'll do my best."

No, just doing one's best was not enough. 

He had to make the patient open his eyes after surgery.

So, the mother and son could meet look each other in the eyes again

"What are you thinking?" asked Han.