Vol. 3/ Chapter 6: Called out to the Devil and the Devil said "Hey."

Start from the beginning

She even had to lower the maximum amount of time since she knew that Lee would probably have a hard time, but she didn't expected him to only land 23 hits.

“Go outside and answer the call. Tell her we're just finishing up in here.” Antonin responded as he blocked 3 strikes from Lee, before using his fist to push him back.

“Understood.” Agartha replied, feeling sorry for the poor blonde man. Not everyone can have the honor to ever cross blades with Antonin like him, and nobody has ever won the bout.

Lee was forced to analyze his movements so far. Everything is and can be analyzed, he just needed sufficient and relevant data to do so. However, looking at the clock, it was already 6 minutes in and he hasn't even reached 30 strikes.

“You're strong, I'll give you that...” Lee grinned at Antonin, who just stared at him with a blank expression.

“But can you dodge this?” Lee hurled his sword at him with force, making Antonin deflect the projectile sideways. Antonin glanced at the sword lying on the ground, before focusing his attention towards the blonde man.

“How are you supposed to–”

!?

“Gotcha.”

Lee stood there with two training guns in his hands, before pulling the trigger. Rubber bullets flew towards Antonin with great speed, with some hitting his shoulders as he moved to dodge. He brought the training sword in his hands to his side, concentrating as he closed his eyes.

The muscles on his forearms tightened as he focused most of his strength on swinging the sword. He suddenly opens his eyes, seemingly creating a hazy tangerine line due to how fast he moved.

*SLASH*

With one fell swoop, a makeshift shockwave made from a sudden and abrupt burst of air deflected most of the bullets. Lee's consecutive hits made his score into 44 now, and all he needs was 6 or more to complete his training.

However-

“On your left.”

!?

A heavy strike hits him in the side, causing immense pain on his ribs. He retaliates by shooting to the direction the voice came from, but only managed to hit the wall. Another hit sends him hurtling towards the far end of the room, which made him land flat on his back.

“Fuck...” Lee wheezed out in exasperation, forcing his body to get up.

*THUMP*

All of a sudden, a nauseating feeling hits him in the face as he got to his feet. He shakes his head for a bit, disoriented by the sudden urge to puke.

It was only then that he realized he was surrounded my a murky, dust like environment, probably coming from the shockwave Antonin created just now. Without the precious heads-up display installed in him when he was still a construct, he was literally walking blindly.

For a moment, Lee thought he sensed faint movement from behind, making him turn his body in one fluid motion. He held both guns in an angled position, so if her ever was to be hit in the forearm, he could simply retract his arms easily.

And then he heard a voice from beyond the misty haze, yet it was so faint it seems like he was in an enclosed location.

“Antonin! Dear, what's with this fog!”

It was Hera's voice, which made him turn in circles as he waved the fog off with his arms. No matter how hard he tried to wave it off, it didn't lessen.