Vol. 3/ Chapter 4: Hired sword

Outer edges of Kazdel's border,
Babel headquarters,
Rhodes Island landship.

Alpha sheathed Sakura as she eyed the woman in front of her warily. This Sarkaz King, or so she called herself, just came out of nowhere and successfully pacified her, which she still finds unnerving to this point. Not only did she have an unassuming look, she had this air of kindness surrounding her.

Alpha also noticed some facial features that stood out. There was the fact that something akin to black crystals are visible in her neckline as well as her cheeks. Was this the, as per Lee's wording, so called ‘Rock cancer’? She knows the right term for the malignant disease was Oripathy, since Jane and Nino scrutinized Lee after he said that.

Theresa had a look on her face that showed she was tired, as present of the bags under her eyes. However, she still wore a genuine smile in her face. She brushes her hand against her forehead, parting the stray hair that blocked her vision. Alpha, on the other hand, can't seem to have a good read in that murky eyes of hers.

The operators inside the medical ward all stood down when Theresa held out her hand, further signifying her claim that the ashen haired Sarkaz wasn't as dangerous as they made her to be. Of course, this all boiled down to the fact that
Doctor (Y/n) insisted on taking her in after the events in County Hillock.

*sigh*, Almost everyone stationed in the ark is coming down here thanks to you,” Kal'tsit slightly leaned to her left and muttered something at (Y/n). “She's on the spotlight with Theresa, how are you going to deal with this one?”

(Y/n) stood beside the feline with his helmet removed, eyes never leaving Alpha's figure. There was a glint of joy on the Doctor's gray eyes, akin to a child that got gifted the latest SP-4(Station Player 4) from Columbia. For the first time since the war with Theresis has started, Kal'tsit saw some form of satisfaction in his facial expression.

The Doctor stressed that they should acquire her at all cost, to which Kal'tsit protested when they were in (Y/n)'s office. He sounded obsessed regarding the female swordsmaster. It was already a great risk setting up a covert mercenary recruitment area in places outside of Kazdel, yet he still insisted to do a field retrieval operation just to acquire her.

“Let Theresa do what she does best. Look, she's already calming down,”
(Y/n) says before finally glancing at Kal'tsit, as if she wasn't there in the first place to begin with. “Why don't we introduce ourselves? We need to get her profile ASAP.”

Kal'tsit gave him a questioning look before glancing around her. “Clearly this isn't the right place to have a chitchat. We have wounded casualties we need to attend to.” The feline clicks her tongue before motioning for Elizabeth.

“Yes Dr?” the elite operator asked.

“Iza, have the mercenaries go on with their duties alongside with the senior operators. Do it with Ace and Scout, we need to move Theresa and that girl somewhere private.” Kal'tsit said with a hint of urgency, to which the feline acknowledged.

“Understood.” Elizabeth gave a curt nod to her and Doctor (Y/n), before walking towards Ace. The three of them soon began telling the others to resume their duties or go back to their previous posts, as the situation is already mediated, to say the least.

“Almost forgot,” Kal'tsit turned towards someone standing awfully close behind (Y/n). “Warfarin, what are you doing?”

The white haired Sarkaz, who held a large injection needle in her hand, flinched after being caught. She immediately stuffed the thing inside her medical pouch.

“A-Ahem, I was about to swat something on Doctor (Y/n's) back. A mosquito landed on him after all...” Warfarin's face was flushed in embarrassment as she backed up towards the wall. She then crossed her arms across her chest and began whistling, all the while glancing around like nothing happened.