What if...?

What if Wilmon had split up after school was over and maybe found each other again years later?

Simon pov:

"The wedding of King Wilhelm is getting closer and closer," said the lower part of the television. A small twinge in my chest spread as I continued to watch the TV in the studio. It was quiet and my voice was in the background, but I couldn't have been less interested.

"Simon? We'd have to record line five again." my producer said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sure," I replied and turned away from the TV again.

I couldn't really concentrate on my new song for the rest of the day. Even though it had been seven years, not a day went by that I didn't think about Wilhelm and missed him a little. We had decided to separate because of the conditions of the royal house. It hurt, for seven fucking years I didn't feel Wilhelm's presence as when we were sixteen. And everyday I missed a big part of myself that left with him. Almost all the music I wrote was about the pain I felt.

When I returned home and opened the mail, a letter from the royal house smiled at me. My heart tripped for a moment and tore it open.

King Wilhelm and Nemilia van Berg invite you.
Wedding of the future royal couple. You are cordially invited.

Under the invitation there was a small note that I didn't want to read, but my eyes were faster:

Simon,
Please come. If not then not, but it would be really important to me.
Your Wille

Wille. I hadn't heard that name in so long. And a tear rolled down my face. Wille. It was my favorite word, and no one knew it. Not even Wille himself.
I fell into my bed and thought for a long time until I picked up my phone and wrote a message to Minou.

Wille pov:

"Did you get an answer?" I asked Minou, wich was standing next to me, while I was hoping to get the answer I needed. "Mr. Eriksson said that he will try to make it." said Minou, who knew as well as I did that this could be great for Nemilia, but also a disaster when Simon came.

"Who's maybe coming?" Nemilia asked, taking another bite of her bread. "Simon." I said. It had been seven years, three months and four days since Simon had left my room in the castle. But we don't count. And Nemilia knew that, but it was seven years. So normally there would be nothing to be worried about.

She squealed. Nemi liked Simon's music very much and that's why it was the excuse to invite him. For me it were other reasons. I still loved him. Just like when we were sixteen, seventeen and eighteen when we broke up. But no one knew that. Not even Nemilia.

After breakfast, Nemi said goodbye, to go to the last wedding dress appointment before the wedding tomorrow. "See you." she said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "See you then." and with that she was gone.

All that was left on my schedule was paperwork and then to watch over the wedding preparations again. Just as I was looking through an older contract that desperately needed to be renewed, there was a knock at the door. "Yes?" I called and the door opened.

"Do you think it's a good idea to invite Simon?" my mother asked, sitting down on the chair in front of my desk. "Why not? Nemi likes his music." I said as if it was rehearsed and continued to read the contract.
"Wilhelm listen. It's your wedding, invite who you want. But does Nemilia know how bad it could go?" she asked with emphasis on could.

„No, she doesn't. And she doesn't have to." I said and lay down the contract again. My mother looked at me compassionately. "I know it can go absolutely wrong. But what if I want it to? I love Nemilila, I really do, but not in the way she deserves or in the way as I should love my wife. Mom, my heart is and always will be Simon's and a wedding that you," I pointed at her, "arranged isn't going to fucking change that." I was louder than I wanted to be but I didn't really care.